Page 1 of 2
So I love my Krank, but I was in need of a more vintage flavor. So I was looking through a local whole in the wall shop today while asking about getting my 61 Jazz fixed, and I fell in love with this little baby:

Carvin Vintage 16. This is one sweet little amp. It has glassy, boutique-like cleans. Like a Fender, the distortion isn't great, but that may be because I haven't quite figured out the Soak and Volume controls yet. But throw the Bad Monkey I picked up with it in front, and Ohh baby, SRV sounds all day long. It's a total clean and blues machine. Will it stay? Idk, I love to trade, but it'll do my vintage tones for now
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
if you keep, i dunno how the speakers are but i would either throw a emeinence FDM attenuation speaker in there, or a good WGS speakers. im feelin an ET-65, or a reaper.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Very cool. We've had some pretty dissapointing NAD's recently but this one was worth looking at. Good choice.

HNAD
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Pretty sure I know the one you're referring to Cath. As long as the owner is happy. I know I am.

Especially since this one isn't over. You have to give a small review on what you bought, so this is taking a bit. Stay tuned, you haven't seen anything yet
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Fender distortion isn't great? My Deluxe Reverb wants a word with you.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by lespaul#1
Fender distortion isn't great? My Deluxe Reverb wants a word with you.

No it is not, the Supersonic and Prosonic are the only exceptions to this.
My Marshall will kick your Fenders ass
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Not for me may be a better term. It's all subjective.

And I love DRs, for the record
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Uncultured swine. Naw everyone is welcome to their opinions. I can respect that.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by lespaul#1
Uncultured swine. Naw everyone is welcome to their opinions. I can respect that.

If your after that Joe Perry sound, Fender is what I'd get.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Or Neil Young.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Or Hendrix. Or SRV. Or Clapton.
Quote by chip46
Well, not Hendrix really and not for Clapton for the era when he had good tone (ie Beano and Cream)
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Nah, one of my other purchases does Hendrix better
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Neil Young= Magnatone
Hendrix= Plexi

I'll give you the SRV and Clapton
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Anyway I bought A Marshall for that reason so we're on the same team.
Quote by chip46
The Magnatone is just his overdrive pedal. His actual amp is a 5e3.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Okay, since we're just arguing about Fenders and Marshalls, I'll unveil another amp I got today!

(drum roll)

Sovtek MIG50. One of the old non master volume Bassman/JTM ones. This is a sweet amp. Definitely does those sounds well. The first channel definitely sounds like a Bassman. It's got that darkish tone to it that just screams "please throw a Tubescreamer on me and play blues." Very cool clean sounds, and loves pedals. The second channel is a good bit brighter. Definitely has more of a Marshally vibe to it. Throwing my Dano Cool Cat Drive in front and plugging in the SG gives a nice AC/DC classic rock vibe. Just saying though, this thing is LOUD. Just look at the volume knobs the wrong way, and you're sure to have neighbors complain. I really wish this thing would've been a master volume model, but you know what they say about beggars being choosers. It's cool, I like it, but it's probably too loud to stay here long. But I'm gonna be in no hurry to sell it
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

I'm still not done, but I'll keep you in suspense til tomorrow
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Sweet! Congrats. Check out that Jet City Attenuator. It's allowed me to play loud but quiet.

JA
Thanks for all the congrats. Ya, I love the Marshally vibe the mig puts out, but like I said, really wish there was a MV. But it just wouldn't look right sitting on the little Krank 1x12, this bad boy needed something to match the sound:

Vintage Marshall 4x12 that came originally with a 1973 Super Lead This thing is beat to hell, looks like it saw many many gigs. But, it's in perfect functional shape, and it's got some serious mojo going on. This thing has the original speakers in it, and complements the MIG wonderfully.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Nice x2
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ah f*ck it, I can't help myself any more. So there was something else that came with that cab:

Thats not the back of a MIG?!

1973 Marshall Super Lead Plexi! This thing, just wow. With the channels jumped, holy crap. It's like everything I love in the MIG but way more of it. However, I'm having a problem now. When I tried it in the store, it sounded beautiful. But now I've gotten it home, and it's breaking up at all volumes, sounds really harsh, and is very noisy. My first thought was tubes?
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Dude you seriously suck, I hope your neighbors call the cops on you.

HNAwesomeRigD
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Ah, hell yeah. Great amp.

EDIT: And about that Plexi, you're a dick.

Have fun with that thing.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I'm gonna have to buy some, I don't have any EL34s laying around. But they guy said they were pretty new May just take it to GC and have them look it over, that way I dont buy tubes for nothing.

311, I'd trade it for the QR and a little boot, I'll fly to you

Anywho, the full story on all of this gear. I took the 61 Jazz into a local vintage shop to see about having all of the required work done, neck, getting rid of the horrendous cheap refinish, ect. The guy bid me an amount, but then made me a too-low cash offer as is. I began to haggling, got him to double the cash, throw in all three amps and a Bad Monkey to replace my burnt up TS clone. All-in-all, the cash+trade ended up roughly equaling what I would have made on the bass.

One stipulation to the deal though. He has to take pics of the whole project, and let me play it when it's finished. He agreed.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

If I was still in Sikeston I would be happy to come jam. But I came back to NashVegas saturday
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

That's a hell of a 3xNAD.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Just picked up a matched quad of el34s. Ill try them when I get back, if that's not the problem I'll throw them in the Sovtek

EDIT: I threw in a set of JJ's and

It didn't sound this good in the store. With the Tele and OD, instant Led Zep and Hendrix. The SG and an OD gives me the most beautiful classic rock tone in the world. Unfortunately I've gotta keep it at a whisper this late, but tomorrow

^^Hey mike, haven't seen you about much lately

SUPEREDIT: Family pic

Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Last edited by classicrocker01 at Jan 16, 2014,
Yeah you need more guitars.

Seriously serious NADs. I really dig the cab, gallons of mojo in that ripped tolex, its just dripping tones all over.

Happy day
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
I got my buddies LP and another buddies strat here, so no worries, I got variety. Plus I got my eye on an epi explorer that looks just like Hetfields Eet Fuk one, minus the words

Quote by Deledhel
^^ I bet he has an ABY in there somewhere

Correct!
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75