Because I'm not living alone I'm playing a lot over my Boss BR800 with headphones instead of playing over my Blackstar HT5R. Although the Boss has tons of effects on in it, it's not really efficient to choose another effect per song every time. Besides that, most sounds need some editing as well. So I'm interested in a pedal that can give my clean sound some guts when it's needed to cover most sounds like Blues, (hard)rock etc. I own a Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive but it doesn't sound nice on my Boss. It's made for tube amps and you can hear that for sure.

Accidentally I came across the Electro Harmonix Analogizer which I liked quite a bit (that made me interested for a pedal for my Boss). It was pretty cheap and the reviews are quite good. It gives the clean sound some guts and is sweet for soloing. Are there any other pedals that work well on a Boss BR800 (on my amp as well)? Thoughts on the Analogizer? Suggestions are welcome!

Guitars:

PRS SE EG (SSS)
Fender 72 Telecaster Deluxe (HH)
Sounds to me like you need a multi effect unit so you have something than can simulate amps as well as simply being an effect pedal.

I like my Zoom G3, I'd always recommend that or the G5.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I do find them a little expensive tbh. The EH Analogizer made me think about a new pedal, it was €60 new.
The trouble is, what you said about your current pedal - "it's made for tube amps", is true of the majority of pedals. Pedals are designed to work in conjunction with your amp and guitar to create your sound. Any pedal recommendation (expecially drive pedals) is going to be different for everyone dependent on their guitar & amp setup.

By taking the amp out of the equation, you're basically talking about using something with modelling capabilities. For that, you want a multi effect pedal.

As you're only looking at using this as a practice toy though, maybe one of the more budget pedals could work for you. A Zoom G2 or Vox Stomplab would cost less than you're talking about spending on a single pedal and both would give you far more options to play with. Personally I wouldn't want to use either for gigging, but they're good practice toys.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
The trouble is, what you said about your current pedal - "it's made for tube amps", is true of the majority of pedals. Pedals are designed to work in conjunction with your amp and guitar to create your sound. Any pedal recommendation (expecially drive pedals) is going to be different for everyone dependent on their guitar & amp setup.

By taking the amp out of the equation, you're basically talking about using something with modelling capabilities. For that, you want a multi effect pedal.

As you're only looking at using this as a practice toy though, maybe one of the more budget pedals could work for you. A Zoom G2 or Vox Stomplab would cost less than you're talking about spending on a single pedal and both would give you far more options to play with. Personally I wouldn't want to use either for gigging, but they're good practice toys.

Thank for your reaction Gary! Yeah, that's the problem. I'm not gigging currently, but I'm starting up a band now so I will gig in the future most likely. A useable pedal for gigs would be sweet, but it's not a requirement. I have to see what the options are, then I will decided wether to go for a more high end pedal or not.

I've never used a multi-effect pedal before, are they easy in use? They seem to have lots of knobs most of the time haha. Good to know I have to focus more on FX pedals. Thanks again.
That's why I like my Zoom G3. I only use it for modulation & delays, but it's no different to having 3 separate pedals next to each other. The G5 works in the same way. I'd recommend either as good enough for gigging with. The G1 and G2 have virtually nothing in common with the G3 & above, they work differently and aren't anywhere near the quality so avoid them if you're thinking of gigging.

I believe Line 6's M series can be set up to work this way too, and although they're well recommended for effects, I don't know what their capabilities are like when it comes to amp modelling. They also don't have the looper & drum machine you get on the G3 (unsure if this is included on the G5).

If you're going to be gigging soon though, a new amp should be your main priority. Your HT5R won't be enough to cope with that.
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
That's why I like my Zoom G3. I only use it for modulation & delays, but it's no different to having 3 separate pedals next to each other. The G5 works in the same way. I'd recommend either as good enough for gigging with. The G1 and G2 have virtually nothing in common with the G3 & above, they work differently and aren't anywhere near the quality so avoid them if you're thinking of gigging.

I believe Line 6's M series can be set up to work this way too, and although they're well recommended for effects, I don't know what their capabilities are like when it comes to amp modelling. They also don't have the looper & drum machine you get on the G3 (unsure if this is included on the G5).

If you're going to be gigging soon though, a new amp should be your main priority. Your HT5R won't be enough to cope with that.

I don't really care about loopers and drummachines tho. The band is a new thing and will take a while before we will gig. I know I need a new amp then but The Blackstar could do the job in really small gigs, where we'll probably start. I'll start looking at the pedals you suggested!