Hi everyone !!

I was just researching through some Strat copies around, i was struck with something know as "Vintage" guitars (Vintage V6 - icon series worn model), and read quite good things about it.. Do you have any experience with them.. how are they generally.. can it be compared to an American special or MIM standard stratocasters ?? whats the country of origin ?? How do you rate Wilkinson's pups ??

Please help.. I've got a Yamaha pacifica 112 J model which is fairly good(for its own standards) but doesn't even come close to that fenderish tone.. i am trying do buy something close to a strat(which i can afford)..
I haven't tried those specific models but I'm not sure it'd be much better than your yamaha.

what's wrong with the yamaha for strat tones? is it the bridge humbucker?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks,

Pac's sound bit too muddy!! though i play in a cube(roland).. yes its HSS ..
I played a couple on my local music shop. They felt really clunky but nice to play.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Stratstruck
Thanks,

Pac's sound bit too muddy!! though i play in a cube(roland).. yes its HSS ..

are you sure the guitar's the problem and not the amp?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks,

As i quoted before, Pac is good guitar.. but it cant be compared to a Fender MIM or CV ! wherein V6( i was told) can be.. and is better than MIM strat !! i really needed that spine biting brittleness from the guitar.. so is V6 a shortcut ??

Cube is alright.. you cant ask more from a ss amp, cube's great !!
Quote by Fisheth24
I played a couple on my local music shop. They felt really clunky but nice to play.

Thanks,

Can it be compared to a MIM strat ??
Quote by Stratstruck
Thanks,

As i quoted before, Pac is good guitar.. but it cant be compared to a Fender MIM or CV ! wherein V6( i was told) can be.. and is better than MIM strat !! i really needed that spine biting brittleness from the guitar.. so is V6 a shortcut ??

Cube is alright.. you cant ask more from a ss amp, cube's great !!

aside from the HSS versus SSS thing I dunno if the vintage would be any better than the pacifica
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?