I have been wanting to learn to sing, but am lost for how to go about learning. I would also like to learn screaming, which requires some knowledge of singing. To the vocalists of UG
1)How would I learn to sing, as in learn proper techniques and not sound like a cat in a tumble dryer
2) Does your voice have to fully break to learn?
3) Are lessons expensive?
and 4) Will learning to sing help my guitar ability?

My musical tastes range from Punk (Bayside, Rise Against,Norma Jean) to heavier music like Prog and Death Metal/Core (Bands like Suicide Silence, Whitechapel and Infant Annihilator). Some of these styles seem incerdibly difficult to learn, but I may be wrong. I place this here as a guide for the types of techniques I'd like to learn, but am clueless about.

Thanks for any assistance you can give
Quote by auzzietaco
My musical tastes range from Punk (Bayside, Rise Against,Norma Jean) to heavier music like Prog and Death Metal/Core (Bands like Suicide Silence, Whitechapel and Infant Annihilator). Some of these styles seem incerdibly difficult to learn, but I may be wrong. I place this here as a guide for the types of techniques I'd like to learn, but am clueless about.

Thanks for any assistance you can give

I know some tips, but since you're okey about it, nevermind. You can just ask (by the way, they are for singing, not screamo).

But, wanted to say, you listen to some good bands
"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” Shakespeare - Macbeth