I just made a new soundcloud with some of the songs I've written and recorded. I've tried to make them all pretty cinematic and visual. I'm trying to get some more followers so if you follow me I'll follow you and check out your stuff too. Feel free to post some links below and I'll give them a listen as well.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

https://soundcloud.com/britton-lohse
britlohse,
Thank you for the review! I tried several times (including Safari and Firefox), and I can't get on soundcloud at all. I should be back later to edit this post with.......... I finally got on your website. OK, I'm reviewing "Demo Jive/"Don't Harsh On Me": pretty trippy guitar effects (I assume) on this song. I assume it is a tremolo effect of some sort. What the heck is that? Pretty interesting/different. Audio quality is pretty good overall. 'Chupacabras': this song sounds more conventional (except for the vocoder-type vocals, which are fine/different for this style of music), I think this is a better song overall, nice guitar playing/nice song! I assume you are from Georgia?
Last edited by aaron aardvark at Jan 16, 2014,
Thanks for reviewing my song. Your stuff sounds great, are you playing percussion and bass too? The drums sound awesome, you've recorded them well. I've listened to like 4 of your recordings from 'You've just got to say it down', you've defiantly got your own sound (and it's cool) but they each sound distinct. I've been trying to give you feedback but I just love it, i'd buy your album maybe i'll come back when i'm more cynical.

Oh yeah one thing, they totally work as instrumentals, but have you ever tried writing lyrics for any of these?
Quote by aaron aardvark
britlohse,
Thank you for the review! I tried several times (including Safari and Firefox), and I can't get on soundcloud at all. I should be back later to edit this post with.......... I finally got on your website. OK, I'm reviewing "Demo Jive/"Don't Harsh On Me": pretty trippy guitar effects (I assume) on this song. I assume it is a tremolo effect of some sort. What the heck is that? Pretty interesting/different. Audio quality is pretty good overall. 'Chupacabras': this song sounds more conventional (except for the vocoder-type vocals, which are fine/different for this style of music), I think this is a better song overall, nice guitar playing/nice song! I assume you are from Georgia?

The effect is a mad doctor stutter, you should check them out, they're awesome! I'm actually from Colorado but I'm going to school in Georgia right now.
Quote by SweetenerCorp
Thanks for reviewing my song. Your stuff sounds great, are you playing percussion and bass too? The drums sound awesome, you've recorded them well. I've listened to like 4 of your recordings from 'You've just got to say it down', you've defiantly got your own sound (and it's cool) but they each sound distinct. I've been trying to give you feedback but I just love it, i'd buy your album maybe i'll come back when i'm more cynical.

Oh yeah one thing, they totally work as instrumentals, but have you ever tried writing lyrics for any of these?

Thanks man! Yeah, I am playing drums and bass too and I have recorded lyrics for a few of them but I usually end up hating them and starting over. Maybe one day.