I'm currently drawing up plans to convert my 6505+ 112 into a head and cab. Meanwhile, I was thinking I may as well also change the speaker over.

I have a 2x12 cab at home with V30s that does me perfectly..however, I figure that the new cab I will be getting will be portable, so I may as well make it useable (basically, get rid of the Sheffield speaker )

I'll be playing metal (core, death etc.) and hard rock through it, so something like a V30 would be good, but i'm open to suggestions.

Budget is £50 or so max..if it's possible to get a good enough speaker for that. I'll most likely try and scour the used market here in the UK rather than buy new.
I would put the budget higher, however i'm already dropping about £50 on building materials, and I don't have too much left in the bank & without a job.

Thanks
For that money + shipping I can send you an almost new v30 in a week

Digging a bit I found v30s for that kinda money myself, but the best bang for the buck I found was for G12T75 - yesterday I bought one for £33 + £7 shipping.

Anyway WGS makes a nice v30 copy, don't really remember how that's called but it goes for something like $70/80 new.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
eminence v12

should be under budget even new (EDIT: it's gone up a bit, it's bang on £50 new, + whatever postage is which shouldn't be too much if you're on the mainland UK... from either blue aran or lean business)

it's like a more mellow v30

WGS are £15 more I think.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Spambot_2

Digging a bit I found v30s for that kinda money myself, but the best bang for the buck I found was for G12T75 - yesterday I bought one for £33 + £7 shipping.

Anyway WGS makes a nice v30 copy, don't really remember how that's called but it goes for something like $70/80 new.

This. The G12t75 gets a lot of hate that I don't understand. They're great punchy speakers with a lot of clairity even when you drive them.

Here's a good video that runs compares the two.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
^^ my bad, WGSs are $69 from their website, and £65 from ebay.co.uk
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2

I thought that they were G12T75s were a little less suited to metal..modern tones at least?

And i've looked at the v12, the frequency response seems alright, will it give the same sort of clarity as the V30 will? I like the fact that it's rated at 120W as well, as most 1x12 cabs would usually be 60 Watts or less it seems.
Quote by ambler3
I thought that they were G12T75s were a little less suited to metal..modern tones at least?
G12T75s are usually used for rock.
The modern "marshall sound" is a modern marshall through a G12T75.

v30s are more trebly and yeah, usually preferred for high gain tones.
Dunnow about the v12s, I mean the frequency response curve isn't something I would trust for buying speakers, but I never heard them in person so I don't really know.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Jhachey22
This. The G12t75 gets a lot of hate that I don't understand. They're great punchy speakers with a lot of clairity even when you drive them.

Here's a good video that runs compares the two.

from that video, have to say to suit my needs, I think the K100 and V30 are best.
If you're up for vids, take these:
v30 vs T75 vs H30
K100 vs v12
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Jan 15, 2014,
Quote by Dave_Mc
eminence v12

should be under budget even new (EDIT: it's gone up a bit, it's bang on £50 new, + whatever postage is which shouldn't be too much if you're on the mainland UK... from either blue aran or lean business)

it's like a more mellow v30

WGS are £15 more I think.

+1 V12's are a nice speaker
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Jensen Mod speakers are pretty nice especially for modern high gain. I absolutely love them, the only issue is the relatively low sensitivity/efficiency, which is something to consider. I don't remember the exact prices, but they're cheaper than pretty much any celestion or eminence.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
you can find V30 clones out there for cheap. something like hellatone or WGS, and the used versions of those speaker are really cheap cuz they don't have the celestion name.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
^^ I suspect the higher sensitivity ones mightn't be much cheaper (if any cheaper) than an Eminence Legend, but I could be wrong.

Quote by Spambot_2
^^ my bad, WGSs are $69 from their website, and £65 from ebay.co.uk

No worries Yeah in the US WGS are more or less bang-on the same price as the Eminence Legends I think, but in the UK the Legends are a bit cheaper for some reason

Quote by Robbgnarly
+1 V12's are a nice speaker

Quote by ambler3
Tempted to get a V12 actually, then i'd have another tone to play with, cause they don't sound too bad actually.

It's a nice speaker- in my opinion, anyway. I've never tried it with a 6505, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 16, 2014,