What's up guys. I just received and installed some Bareknuckle Painkillers on my Schecter Hellrasier C-7FR(which came with EMG 707's). I've never installed pickups before, so honestly, didn't really know what I was doing. I basically tried to follow the diagrams as much as possible, and when I was done, there was sound! Here's my question. I can tell something isn't completely grounded correctly because there is a slight slight hum when i'm not playing that goes away if I touch one of my knobs. Also, I feel like these pickups are not outputting as hot as they should be. Now, I could be completely wrong about that, but is it possible that when I put them in, I did it wrong and they aren't outputting as much as they should? Is it possible I need newer pots or something? Thanks!
Got a pick of how you wired it?

The diagram you used?

Have you checked the solder connections?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
You also changed out all of the pots, tone caps and the output jack right? Active pots don't work well with passive pickups. You want 500k pots with HB's and actives use 25k which is a huge difference.
Do you have the common ground on the back of the pots going to the bridge? If not that is the reason for your hum.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
You also changed out all of the pots, tone caps and the output jack right? Active pots don't work well with passive pickups. You want 500k pots with HB's and actives use 25k which is a huge difference.
Do you have the common ground on the back of the pots going to the bridge? If not that is the reason for your hum.

I did NOT change any of the pots/caps/jacks. I was just looking at pots and stuff online, I bet that is my problem. So, I have to put a ground on both of my volume pots?
Quote by N_J_B_B
Got a pick of how you wired it?

The diagram you used?

Have you checked the solder connections?

I can't get a good picture for you guys. That's part of my problem, I don't really know what's a good connection vs what isn't.
Quote by a7xrox5
I did NOT change any of the pots/caps/jacks. I was just looking at pots and stuff online, I bet that is my problem. So, I have to put a ground on both of my volume pots?

All of the grounds should be tied together and one ground should go to the bridge to ground the strings. this keeps the hum/buzz/squealing down to a minimum. Yes you will probably want a .022uf tone cap (it is the safe "standard")

Swap out the electronics and I bet the tone gets much better
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
All of the grounds should be tied together and one ground should go to the bridge to ground the strings. this keeps the hum/buzz/squealing down to a minimum. Yes you will probably want a .022uf tone cap (it is the safe "standard")

Swap out the electronics and I bet the tone gets much better

I really appreciate your help man!
Here is a website with lots of free schematics for different wiring configurations www.guitarelectronics.com
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by a7xrox5
So you said to change the output jack too? Is that really needed?

No you don't have to swap it, but you will have to rewire it to be mono, it is wired as a stereo jack because it acts as the on/off switch for actives. Remove the wire that is touching the ring section of the jack.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate