Page 1 of 2
Are comedians mad?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/10575654/Comedians-are-more-likely-to-suffer-from-mental-health-issues.html

Makes me think of the whole "Dumb people are happier, smart people are more miserable" idea.

I think it makes sense, because in order to see the humour in things you need a more abstract look at life. The "irony" of it all. Also, creative people having a touch of madness in them and all.

Shit, I mean, who knows, maybe Hitler was a funny guy behind closed doors.

It's all funny until the laughter stops.

A girl that used to be into me and laughed at my jokes said she thought I'd turn into a serial killer one day. We don't talk anymore.
Of course Stephen Fry's cropped mug is plastered onto of that article.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Anyone see that Taylor Williamson bloke on America's got Talent awhile back?

He was good.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Philip_pepper

Did jew see that fire out there?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Momentosis
Did jew see that fire out there?

Ja, ich habe's gesehen, war sehr witzig. Hitler, Himler und Goebbels waren Helden. Und weitere Witze und Wortspiele.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Hitler, Himler und Goebbels waren Helden.

Damn it Philip, I kinda want to sig this but it's way too ****ed up.
Stephen Fry looks like a drunk John Lithgow.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by sickman411
Damn it Philip, I kinda want to sig this but it's way too ****ed up.

Quote by captainsnazz
der einzige Goebbels du wisst ist Schwanzgoebbeln

I'm slightly impressed.
Some of them are. 90% of Maria Bamford's set nowadays is talking about all her mental issues.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
Apparently a lot of comedians are manic depressants who are desperate for approval from people.

1. outdated terminology
2. doesn't even know what it means anyway

before anyone else wants to say stupid things about bipolar people, remember there are at least two regulars here who are bipolar (haha guess who's one of them) and while the other may not care about being slugged on, i certainly do. tip of the day is read the Wikipedia page before you spread stereotypes about people with mental illnesses.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Philip_pepper
A girl that used to be into me and laughed at my jokes said she thought I'd turn into a serial killer one day. We don't talk anymore.

I don't care what this thread is about, I just came to say that this sounds like something an edgy 14 year old would say to make himself look tough. So much cringe.
Well, it's hardly a new thing. Writers, philosophers, comedians, musicians - basically anything with a deep, involving creative process, have been known to indulge in substance abuse frequently, and be eccentric. If that's mad, then there ya go.
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
i thought this was common sense

comedians are miserable
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Philip_pepper
long boring story about comedians

hast du sheiße in dein kopf Philip?

But to be fair, instead of mad, a lot of Dutch comedians are either ADHD, or have been depressed for a while.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
hast du sheiße in dein kopf Philip?

But to be fair, instead of mad, a lot of Dutch comedians are either ADHD, or have been depressed for a while.

Did you ask him if he has shit in his head?
lul wots stephen frys mental health problem i bet its cuz hes gay

hmu if u agre
West Ham United
Last edited by King Donkey at Jan 16, 2014,
Quote by Philip_pepper
Are comedians mad?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/10575654/Comedians-are-more-likely-to-suffer-from-mental-health-issues.html

Makes me think of the whole "Dumb people are happier, smart people are more miserable" idea.

I think it makes sense, because in order to see the humour in things you need a more abstract look at life. The "irony" of it all. Also, creative people having a touch of madness in them and all.

Yes

du hast den nagel auf den kopf getroffen piefke
Quote by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
Quote by Basti95
Did you ask him if he has shit in his head?

Yea i did :P
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by Morphogenesis26
I don't care what this thread is about, I just came to say that this sounds like something an edgy 14 year old would say to make himself look tough. So much cringe.

*tips fedora*
Maybe they are crazy, but not mentally ill crazy. I always listen to Louis CK, watch his stuff and he's hilarious in a sad sort of way. But when you think about it, the topics of his material (mostly how miserable his life is) is the stuff of most people's lives. But somehow talking about them in a straight and blunt way makes it funny.

I also took a comedy class in college (it was an English class) and our project at the end of the term was to do a skit. The prof specifically told us to not try to be funny but to just tell a story, as genuinely as we could. The most hilarious people in that class were completely right in the head. They just have a creative storytelling technique.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
Apparently a lot of comedians are manic depressants who are desperate for approval from people.

derp
You seriously can't think of any comedians who don't seem depressed?
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
Yea i did :P

YUSSSS. I've never done German so go me!
Quote by ChucklesMginty
I've bolded the parts that actually happened.

he killed her D:
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Are comedians mad?

So you proved her right then?
Heard joke once:

Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel.

Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain.

Doctor says "Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up."

Man bursts into tears.

Says "But, doctor..."

"...I am Pagliacci."

Good joke.

Everybody laugh.

Roll on snare drum.

Curtains.
I believe it is you who is mentally ill Mr. Pepper.
banned
Last edited by deadsmileyface at Jan 16, 2014,
Page 1 of 2