Maybe it's the jet lag, I'm just coming off a plane from China, but I'm dumbfounded that this blog recommends to unscrew the guitar neck before installing a strap lok. ?? What the actual f**k??! Maybe I'm missing something, I need to go to bed!

Anyway... the holes for the strap buttons screws on my guitar are smaller than the ones on the straplok. Not by a ton, but should I drill anyway to enlarge the hole? Is it bad for the guitar if I don't?
You don't need to take the neck off. the holes being a little smaller is actually a good thing
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Yeah, I didn't think so.

About the holes being smaller: I'm worried I'm going to crack the wood... the screws on these are pretty biffy. But of course I don't have a 7/64 drill bit...
When installing my strap locks I had no cracking issues, but everyone's situation is different.
Quote by OliveG
Yeah, I didn't think so.

About the holes being smaller: I'm worried I'm going to crack the wood... the screws on these are pretty biffy. But of course I don't have a 7/64 drill bit...

you will be fine, I put these on lots of expensive guitars with no issues
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
biggest issue i had with dunlops were getting the button on the strap. C clips. i HATE c clips. I REALLY REALLY HATE C clips.

but once they are one, its kinda set and forget. unless you need to adjust the strap length.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Put some wax on or rub a bar of soap on the screws. The new screws will go right in and there shouldn't be any cracking. C clips or E clips are easy to install with vise grips; remove by GENTLY prying with a small screwdriver pivoting on the button.
Well the strap buttons screws on my LTD were very small compared to the Straplok's, so I drilled with a 7/64 bit 7/8 deep as instructed and then they went in very well, without having to apply unnecessary torque, but without any 'looseness' to them at the same time. So Straploks on both Strat and LTD, I'm happy. Easy to change the strap from one to the other, secure... nice.

I had no issue with the C clips, used some pliers and they went in very easily.