Okay, so here's my situation. I have a fender mustang 1 and I just got an ehx big muff pi. So, as you probably know it sounds like shit on the mustang bcos of modeling. I was wondering if I could get a 1/4 inch - 1/8 inch adapter and connect it through the mustang's line in port, I could bypass the modeling & FX. I was just wondering if it could blow up my mustang bcos I'm really tight on cash and can't afford another amp 'til at least march. Thanks.
Uh... regardless of whether or not that'll blow up you amp, it's not going to solve your problem. Your guitar won't work through the Line-in because it's not powered like the 1/4" Input jack.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
^ that won't blow your amp, though it will not make any sound.
The power thing kangaxxter's talking about is a matter of impedance - passive pickups' high impedance output goes in high impedance inputs such as your amp's standard input.
Running your guitar through a line in input will result in you not being able to produce a signal strong enough to feed said input which would, as already stated, result in no sound coming from the amp.

Anyway, mind that bypassing the modeling thing will most likely not make it sound good either.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
^ that won't blow your amp, though it will not make any sound.
The power thing kangaxxter's talking about is a matter of impedance - passive pickups' high impedance output goes in high impedance inputs such as your amp's standard input.
Running your guitar through a line in input will result in you not being able to produce a signal strong enough to feed said input which would, as already stated, result in no sound coming from the amp.

Anyway, mind that bypassing the modeling thing will most likely not make it sound good either.

but he'll be plugging the guitar into a muff and then into the line-in. i would think that the signal coming out the muff should be able be heard from the line in. the muff would act as a preamp wouldn't it?

either wy, i agree it'll probably not sound all that good. shouldn't damage anything though

Quote by darrenram1
if I could get a 1/4 inch - 1/8 inch adapter

you'd be best served by a 1/4" TS to 1/8" TRS adapter. but you may just wanna save your cash.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Jan 16, 2014,
Quote by gumbilicious
but he'll be plugging the guitar into a muff and then into the line-in. i would think that the signal coming out the muff should be able be heard from the line in. the muff would act as a preamp wouldn't it?
It would, but because of the still too big difference between in and out impedance, if he hears something that will be pretty damn fizzy and harsh, regardless of the distortion coming from the pedal.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.