So why is this happening to me?

After changing the strings on my Ibanez RG370DX with EDGE III bridge, the E string started producing strange artificial noise when I bend it full step on 24th fret. This does not happen with any other string, or when the E string is played normally, without bending.

I thoroughly checked, the string is not touching the pickups, or anything else for that matter. Obviously, there is no fret after 24th, so I really don't know what is producing this squealing sound.

This is beyond annoying so any help is really appreciated.
I used to have a jackson that made an odd "ringing" sound after I would play a certain note (can't remember which). Was driving me crazy. It wasn't that loud through the amp, but rang loud and clear acoustically. Turns out that certain note was causing the trem springs in back to vibrate and produce that odd ringing overtone. I just taped a few tissues underneath the trem springs and my problem went away.

Don't know it that's your problem or not though. Any more details? Does it ring through the amp or just acoustically?
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Thread title

mogar, sounds like sympathetic vibration is your issue; sometimes if you play a note that corresponds with the note of an open string, it will excite the string causing it to vibrate; this phenomenon is usually accentuated if the guitar has a floating bridge. It also explains why your solution worked.
OP I'm not sure; hope someone who knows more can help!
I have to correct myself, the annoying harmonic not only appears when bending full step on 24th fret, it is there even when playing regular 24th fret note, although much less noticable.

It is not the sympathetic vibration, it sounds just as if the string is hitting something, but as I mentioned, it is not even near the pickups.
This happens to me as well, but when I palm mute an open E power chord. I get this like ringy sound.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Quote by Nickpocalypse
Thread title

mogar, sounds like sympathetic vibration is your issue; sometimes if you play a note that corresponds with the note of an open string, it will excite the string causing it to vibrate; this phenomenon is usually accentuated if the guitar has a floating bridge. It also explains why your solution worked.
OP I'm not sure; hope someone who knows more can help!

Good timing!
I have a similar issue on a Jackson aswell, so I was looking up the possible causes.

I'm tuned in E standard and the note that causes the ringing is a C, so it's not exactly the same thing. I considered stuffing the cavity to dampen the strings, didn't get around to doing it yet.
It definitely needs a setup though as I can't get the action to where I like it without killing the already feeble sustain on it.