Hey guys,
I've seen a bunch of "boost" pedals, but never tried one out. Do they add volume in the way of making your signal hotter? as in effectively resulting in more gain? Because that's not what I'm looking for. My amp has more gain than I'll ever need. But, is there a pedal that will boost the overall volume so I can cut through for leads and prominent guitar parts? I've thought of using an EQ and just adding a little midrange or even just bumping it up a bit all across the board (flat) to get the volume change and kicking it on for solos, etc. Any help is appreciated. Thanks all. Would like to keep it at around $100 but open to hearing other suggestions as well.

'08 PRS singlecut
'11 Gibson Les paul studio
'83 Gibson es-335 dot
'11 Taylor 114 ce
Bogner Ubercshall
Hughes and Kettner Triamp cab
What you want is a clean boost in the effects loop. A boost in front of the amp is just going to give you more preamp saturation. In the loop it will boost the signal to the power tubes, and you're unlikely to be pushing an Uberschall into power tube distortion, so you get more volume instead of more distortion.
exactly. put a boost in the fx loop.

boost in front of the amp mods the guitar signal to be further modded in the preamp.

Boost in the fx loop(at the very end) would amplify the already distorted signal from the preamp into the power amp. as roc pointed out, the tone wont really change unless you are driving that amp volume at max or close. or wherever power tubes saturate on an uberschall.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
no, you guys are right, i never have it loud enough for that. I'd like to keep my hearing intact. Thanks for the info!

'08 PRS singlecut
'11 Gibson Les paul studio
'83 Gibson es-335 dot
'11 Taylor 114 ce
Bogner Ubercshall
Hughes and Kettner Triamp cab
I reckon you're along the right lines with putting an EQ or treble booster in your FX loop. Something simple like a Boss SD-1 (level max, gain low, tone towards treble) should do the trick.