I was tightening one of my tuning pegs on my bass because it felt a bit loose while i was changing my bass strings. After barely putting any pressure onto one of them, the screw head popped right off. The thing is I have a show tomorrow with my band. Now the screw is entirely in the body and the peg it happened to was not loose at all, quite sturdy/secure actually. Should this be a concern for the show? Or do you think it will be alright for one night? I posted a photo below to show it. The part of the screw that remains in the head stock does pop out of the surface of the wood.

I will not have time to bring it in anywhere and also am not to happy using my back up bass.

You think I will be alright? Like I said it is pretty sturdy. I am going to test it tonight at band practice.

Tighten the nut on the top of the headstock good. This happened to one of my guitars and it stays in tune just fine.

Now the best thing to do is get a 1/16" metal drill bit and a drill press.
Drill the broken screw out very slowly.
Then fill the hole with wood filler.
put the tuner back on and put another screw in (drill a pilot hole or the screw will break)
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Tighten the nut on the top of the headstock good. This happened to one of my guitars and it stays in tune just fine.

Now the best thing to do is get a 1/16" metal drill bit and a drill press.
Drill the broken screw out very slowly.
Then fill the hole with wood filler.
put the tuner back on and put another screw in (drill a pilot hole or the screw will break)

that is actually what i thought would be a way of going about it.

I will just have to make sure the nut is all good and tight for the show

thanks
Stew Mac has a special turn out kit I think its called but the cheaper way to go would be what Rob suggested.
Quote by Reli-Teli
Stew Mac has a special turn out kit I think its called but the cheaper way to go would be what Rob suggested.

That screw is really small, I don't know if it will work ? and a regular screw/bolt extractor set will work and be 1/2 the price of the Stew Mac one (maybe even more) and I doubt that it would work
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Jan 16, 2014,
Quote by Reli-Teli

$65 Fukk that price. I'll do it my way any day