So I'm currently in the process of building an 8 string guitar, and it has come time to choose which pickups that I want to put in it. The problem is, I don't have any experience with them other than playing one once. So... I don't really know what kind of pickups that I would want to put in it. I can't really find any particular pickup that people generally prefer. Any suggestions? I don't have any kind of price range, I just want to hear what other people have to say. I'm open to just about anything, as long as it is quality. Thanks a lot!
im not sure about pickups, but I'd love to see a pic of it when its done! I'm debating a 7-string build
Gear:

Guitars:
BC Rich Warlock
Dean 88
ME682-In Progress
Amps:
Carvin SX300
Etc:
Clayton 1.0mm picks
Planet Waves cables.
Quote by abyssspecter
im not sure about pickups, but I'd love to see a pic of it when its done! I'm debating a 7-string build

Once I figure out what pickup I'm gonna put in it, I can start moving forward with it because I have to account for whether it is active or passive.

On a side note, you can't go wrong with a 7 string. I would definitely say go for it.
Uh, no lundgren M8 is great for metal.

You're not going to tell us what you'll be playing with this 8 string?

I put a set of Bareknuckle Painkillers in my 8 and they sound fantastic, they are a lot more versatile than I thought, especially coil tapping. Can get nice chimey cleans (but they will drive your amp a little no matter what) and warm over drive up to very aggro metal that's very sharp and not muddy. But there are a lot of other options. I'd be inclined to go for a lower output pickup next time.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick
You're not going to tell us what you'll be playing with this 8 string?

Yeah I forgot to add that little detail. I'm going to mainly use it for playing metal.
Lundgren M8 is the choice then.. and it also has really great cleans

EDIT: generally, 8-string guitar requires low output pickups in order to avoid that muddy sound
I am a big fan of BKP, and I was looking at some of those but I don't hear much about their 8 string pickups. So I figured I would try to see what others would say before I committed to something that pricey.