Heavy metal vocals, vocals like Megadeth, Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Guns N' Roses, Pantera and Slayer have.

Vocals that can be enjoyable to listen to and sit well in the mix, currently I own a SM57 which I used primarily to mic my guitar amps, but hearing that it is a 'swiss army knife', I tried recording vocals on it, and they sounded OK, I was able to get them to sit in the mix very well, but they just didn't have, you know, the 'x' factor.

So ? Best Studio Condenser Mic for recording heavy metal vocals under 150$ ?

Please begin.
At under $150 no mic will really sound THAT good.

For that kinda money you could grab an NT-1A, though the best budget stuff I can think of is the sE2200a mkII, triplolar version.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
MXL V67G is a very surprising mic for the price. I super dig that thing, as it's one of the few mics I've tried under $1000 that was actually warm sounding, as apposed to brittle and overhyped in the high end.

Other than that, an Audio Technica AT4040 mic be able to be found for ~$150 used.

Not much else I'd think about using in that range
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Other than that, an Audio Technica AT4040 mic be able to be found for ~$150 used.

Not much else I'd think about using in that range

Quote by Spambot_2
At under $150 no mic will really sound THAT good.

Obviously I do not expect something top of the line or top notch in under 150$, but I just need something that is decent, as I am recording my band's debut E.P from my home studio setup. Something better than the SM-57.

Later when I have a release out, then I expect to take the band to a proper studio to record.