well, I've had a ploblem with my amp and some water and now he doesn't work.

I don't have money right know to buy a new amp so I was thinking if I can just plug the cable in a Home Amplifier that I have.

I think the problems is about connections: the guitar cable ( I think everyone knows how it looks , 6.35 mm (1⁄4 in) ) does not fit directly in the amp input. Probably there are adaptors to it.

My amp is very similar to this one (the right/left are the essencial I think...) : http://www.pioneer.eu/images/products/avamplifierreceiver/pioneer/a-20-s_rear_zoom.jpg

I've talked to the guy in the music store and some of my guitar friends but they didn't help me a lot.

Can please someone help me about this subject?

(sorry for my english, not a native speaker)
No idea about this, but I highly doubt that would work. If it did, it would probably be quite terrible. If you've got a multi effect pedal plugging that into your home stereo's aux input would work though.

If you're just looking for the cheapest possible method of practicing your guitar, get a behringer guitar link. Dirt cheap & will let you use all the various free amp sims you like. Go to the Recordings forum & read the interfaces & amp sims sticky threads.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
thanks for the help btw.
I used the amp in a stanton turntable ( for my dad could listen to his old vinyl records) so probably is power enough to a guitar... dont know really xD

thanks, i'm going to spend real money in a amp now... and a probably a anti-water cover...
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.

THIS

It's deja vu all over again.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Short answer: Yes

Won't hurt anything.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.

My sides
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Could you do it? Yes. Should you do it? Probably not. Home stereo amps are not designed for that type of input signal. DVD, CD, Tape Decks even turntables all supply a fairly strong signal so the pre-amps used in most home systems are not very rugged. The pre-amps on home stereo amps are usually designed to handle a fairly compressed or controlled program signal from pre-recorded music that has been mixed or limited to eliminate any sudden peaks. The output of a guitar is passive (unless you have active pickups) and a guitar will not have the proper pre-amp to match the signal at the input of the amp. You'll probably find that in order to even hear it loud enough you'll have to crank the amp up quite a bit because the incoming signal is too weak. Guitar amps have pre-amps designed to handle a guitars output. Did you ever put a CD player in your guitar amps input? You'll usually find you can barely get the signal above 1 or 2 on the volume knob because a CD players output is so much stronger than a guitar's direct output. Stereo home amps are not designed to handle quick peaks in the signal and it will be sending the output to (I'm assuming) speakers that are also not designed to handle those short peaks.

The bottom line is you can try it, just be careful and if you have to run it at a high volume watch out. You could be walking a tightrope where one good blast from your guitar could bring down the system.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Jan 17, 2014,
oh the memories.

No fault of yours TS, your question just brings up some very interesting memories for the older members here. Rickholly74 pretty well nailed the answer.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Rickholly74, too much science in that post... I just wanted to know if I can use it for a while, I don't want to be without praticing until I get a new amp.

but I will get a 6.35 to 3.5 jack and try this anyway. I will post here if it worked or just happened what you said.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
I have an M-audio interface that has rca outs that I plug into my home stereosystem works great.
How did i not get first post on this one. 311!

ts maybe find something used, or for headphone use until you can afford something else.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Just be careful. I know from what I speak. I cooked an amplifier years ago doing just what you are attempting. It made sense to me, I had a Marantz stereo system (very nice at the time). I thought that since my home stereo had 100 watts per side and my amp (a Fender Twin Reverb) was about 80-100 watts the same. No problem right? It turned out to be an expensive lesson in electronics.
Quote by MatrixClaw

You can plug your guitar into it but it'll most likely not drive the input enough to make you hear a sound.
If you have an impedance adapter anyway (a pre with the volume turned down near 0 will do) it'll work, and if you ask me it'll sound better than a proper guitar amp.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.