You could put a disco beat behind this and make millions, im not kidding. If you actually recorded a sample with good quality
Quote by Rensa
You could put a disco beat behind this and make millions, im not kidding. If you actually recorded a sample with good quality

A disco beat?
Actually i really like your style! I just think this would be very danceable material. Or something in the indie rock territory. No offence man Peace! To me it sounds unique
Quote by Rensa
Actually i really like your style! I just think this would be very danceable material. Or something in the indie rock territory. No offence man Peace! To me it sounds unique

Thanks I didn't intend for it to be a dancey track; I was going for a kind of atmospheric/brooding indie sound, but the tempo and speed is quite fast/dancey so I see where you're coming from.
For how you recorded the guitar, it sounds pretty good. Just has a bit of unwanted noise here and there. Needs some touching up, but not bad. I quite enjoyed this. Could have a better tone though. Very indie-ish. I'd leave that last strum(?) out though. Think it'd be better if it just faded out .

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1631744
Add some airy vocals, a beefy bass and groove drums and you've got a deftones sounding track!
Thanks both of you! I cut the song up towards the end which explains the lack of coherent timing and the extra strum which I accidentally cut up and repeated.
Yeah I'm hearing a house beat behind this. This may be influenced by the fact that this sounds typical of the kind of rhythm guitar you'd hear in a house/ele - airey, space with a little grit and lots of delay. If thats what you're going for, its hard to tell your intent without any other context. Also, its a little out of tune, but again its only noticeable cause its by itself. In a good mix it would sound fantastic.
Quote by nomadic7480
Yeah I'm hearing a house beat behind this. This may be influenced by the fact that this sounds typical of the kind of rhythm guitar you'd hear in a house/ele - airey, space with a little grit and lots of delay. If thats what you're going for, its hard to tell your intent without any other context. Also, its a little out of tune, but again its only noticeable cause its by itself. In a good mix it would sound fantastic.

Thanks for your feedback I wasn't trying to mimic any sound when I recorded it. Around the time I was listening to a lot of Pavement tracks and decided to look up some of their quirky tunings. So I found one I liked and I improvised that. I literally thought the piece out on the spot.

I never really listen to house music but I am a fan of some electronic artists (Kavinsky, College and Matthew Dear). Maybe that's the influence?

I am going to re-record it tomorrow and try and clean it up a bit; well, as good as I can on GarageBand! I will post the results.

Thanks for replying