I'm about to pick up a used set of 490R and 498T Gibson pickups off craigslist. They are coil tapping pickups and they come with the screws and springs. I'm going to install them in my Agile Al-2000 myself, and I'm trying to figure out what other parts I need. I know not all pots are created equal, and I've seen on other forums that people recommend 500k pots for this particular set. I'm not sure that advice considers the coil tapping version of these pots.

Here is the CL add so you can see what's included:
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/msg/4277310646.html

I play mostly metal if that makes any difference. This is the first time I've installed pickups, and I'm intending it to be a learning experience. Can anyone explain to me what parts I need for the install, and if there is better choices for those parts based on the music I like to play?
You don't have to make them coil taped. Just tie the Green and the White wires together and you don't need the any new electronics. But if you do you will want a push/pull 500k pot.

I would look in the Agile and see if it has full sized pots or mini pots. I would only change them if they were the mini's.

But if you do want to rewire it go here and look at the wiring diagram you want to do www.guitarelectronics.com
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Thanks for the reply rob, I think you saved me a pretty penny because I just opened up my guitar and found that it has the short shaft pots, 500k. I got 4 Gibson long shaft pots at 11 bucks a pop at GC, so I can take those back. Much appreciated!

Now I'm a little stuck. I'm wiring the bridge pick up in and I don't know which wires go where. The Gibson pickups have a green wire and a black wire, both inside a metal braided shielding. The black wire has a cloth outer shell. I'm not sure what to solder to the outside of the pot and what to solder to the tab. Any idea?
Quote by Surf1975
Never mind, I figured it out

Cool glad you have it figured out
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Surf1975
I got 4 Gibson long shaft pots at 11 bucks a pop at GC, so I can take those back.

$11? GEEZ!!! Don't get parts from GC. The local mom & pop store has a repair dept. with real live luthiers, and a long shaft is only $6-7. GC will pricematch on a lot of stuff, but I've never even thought to get parts there - their string prices are bad enough!

Let's hear that AL-2000 now that it has Gibson pups!!!