Hello.

I'm thinking of replacing the Alpha volume pots i have on my guitars with CTS Log Pots, because i saw a online comparison of the two tapers and the CTS is just amazing, it's really natural unlike the Alpha Log, and i can get a bigger range of tones.

However, i like the feel of my New Alpha Pots i bought, they are not too easy or too hard to turn, they're just right, i can go from zero to 10 in one swell, i use the volume a lot.

Are CTS Pots that much stiffer and harder to turn than Alphas? Will it be unpleasant for me?

And what about Burns Pots? They have a similar taper to CTS.
If you leave your volume maxed 90% of the time Alpha pots are just fine.

I prefer Bournes pots myself
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by NateCordova
Hello.

I'm thinking of replacing the Alpha volume pots i have on my guitars with CTS Log Pots, because i saw a online comparison of the two tapers and the CTS is just amazing, it's really natural unlike the Alpha Log, and i can get a bigger range of tones.

However, i like the feel of my New Alpha Pots i bought, they are not too easy or too hard to turn, they're just right, i can go from zero to 10 in one swell, i use the volume a lot.

Are CTS Pots that much stiffer and harder to turn than Alphas? Will it be unpleasant for me?

And what about Burns Pots? They have a similar taper to CTS.

I use the volume a pot, i said it before
A guitar tech once installed one CTS volume pot and one Alpha volume pot in my guitar. A week later, I visited him again and asked to install Alpha in all positions. The CTS pot was super-stiff while Alpha was just right.
Make sure you're getting ones specifically for guitar. I have a CTS and it's very stiff but it might be because it's meant for an amp or something (it has a solid shaft).
Bournes turn very smooth but I've had bad experience with them breaking.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.