Hey guys, I got a little rough with my nice washburn at our last show and slammed it headstock first into a wall... Oops... Anyways its completely okay, but I've decided I want a cheapo guitar so I'm not out big money when it snaps in half. I want a cheap preferably under 200 dollar tele knockoff, with either an HH or a p90 configuration. I play pop punk, noise rock, and funk stuff. Fall out boy - mars Volta. I live in west Virginia. I just want something to play live that sounds alright stock. It will be going through some delay an od and peavey classic 30.
Get a Peavey Reactor. Made in USA. Can't ask for much more with the price tag you're giving me. You gotta go used to buy one.

The only teles you can get for $200 new are total shit. Just throwing that out there, so I hope you're okay with used.

You could also try for a Squier Vintage Modified Tele. You're not going to find anything good with p90s for under $300. You could look at used Fender Modern Player teles, but I really don't recommend them.
Im honestly not super set on a tele honestly. Or a fender or squier. I dont need something great, I have great, I just need a cheap replaceable decent sounding guitar.
I also want to stress that it will only be used live, probably get knocked around a lot, sweated on, and spun around.
Why don't you just play your Washburn and save that $200 in case you actually break it? I wouldn't buy a guitar so you don't have to play another guitar. I wouldn't want to run the risk of having a crap guitar live that won't be in tune or sound alright. Then people won't want to come back and see you in the future.

Just don't run your guitar into stuff. Have fun, but be responsible. You decided to have an expensive passion, so don't be careless with the stuff, regardless if you're on stage.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Jan 17, 2014,
Quote by JustRooster
Why don't you just play your Washburn and save that $200 in case you actually break it? I wouldn't buy a guitar so you don't have to play another guitar. I wouldn't want to run the risk of having a crap guitar live that won't be in tune or sound alright. Then people won't want to come back and see you in the future.

Just don't run your guitar into stuff. Have fun, but be responsible. You decided to have an expensive passion, so don't be careless with the stuff, regardless if you're on stage.

I really suppose youre right, it's just kind of hard to not get all caught up in the moment.
Yeah, I know how you feel. Most of us have thwacked our precious instruments against a stage light or two. It's part of the territory, but I'd honestly keep with whatever rig plays and sounds the best! No one wants to sound like butt on stage.

Keep on rockin'. Maybe take that money you've got saved up and put it on an "Oh Shit" envelope for guitar emergencies.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
My $3000+ Dean Time Capsule Cadillac has a ding on the headstock where I hit it on the fence of my yard.

(My audience? 2 Border Collies.)

It happens, man.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Squier has a new tele on the market thats 22 frets and sports duel humbuckers. Rondomusic.com has some as well.
if you put in the pickups you want and don't burn it to the ground you can move them body to body as needed.
got my daughter an austin strat copy, squires on black friday were $89, peavey seems to make decent instruments cheap.
Haven't looked for a tele knockoff.