Hello!

I am thinking about getting a pod hd, desktop model, for my guitar. I have never in my life tried this model exept for 5 minutes in a music store and i could never figure out how it worked...

I do own a small portable studio, the boss br 900 cd, which has a cosm-ampmodelling thing built in... Would the pod dh sound better than this?
Yes. the HD will sound better than the older COSM in the boss. It's also something like $199 now.

I'm sure you couldn't figure out guitar in the first 5 minutes you had one, but that didn't stop you...
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Ok, will there be a huge difference?
Is the COSM a shitty multi effect and the POD HD fantastic?
Sorry for the stupid questions, but i have really high expectations on the POD and I have too know that it´s worth the money.
The effects in your Boss are an additional extra in a piece of kit designed for recording.

The POD is a piece of kit designed for effects with an additional extra that allows you to record.

It's just common sense that the one designed for effects will be better for effects.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud