Hey All,

I've been checking out YouTube vids of the Hartman Flanger and it sounds impressive. The thing is I already have a Maxon FL9. I'm a Flanger nut and I was wondering if it's worth it to upgrade.

Which one would you guys pick?

BTW I've heard the Hartman is noisy. Is this true? (That kinda worries me because I'm used to the Maxon which is dead silent)
I'd stick with the Maxon. Mostly because I think that delay control is important to have with flangers.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Quote by Maidenheadsteve
I'd stick with the Maxon. Mostly because I think that delay control is important to have with flangers.

Thanks for the reply. Do you have one or the other? Or are you familiar with both?
The Hartman is, to the extent of my knowledge, Zn EHX Deluxe Mistress clone.

Which you'll like better is totally subjective. The DEM is the best sounding flanger I've come across. The Hartman is huge and expensive though, so I got the Mooer Eleclady clone. The Mooer sounds amazing, no noise on mine. It can get insane and uncontrollably loud though. The color knob is pretty sensitive.

I encourage you to look at the T-Rex Twister. I'm thinking of upgrading that way. Most flangers have a massive flaw (IMO): no level or mix control. The T-Rex does, at a relatively sane price. I haven't really looked into it yet, but it doesn't sound very impressive though. Need to do more listening to make a solid opinion.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X