Song 5
2 17%
Song 6
1 8%
Song 7
1 8%
Voters: 12.
Hallo

There once was a bird that couldn't sing. He was young, sure, but the other birds his age could sing, so why couldn't he?
Once he learned how to fly, he left his comfortable nest and went as far as he could. He found a snail who told him that birds couldn't sing, but that wasn't true. All the little bird's friends could sing, his family could sing, every bird could sing, only he couldn't. He traveled far and met as many creatures as he could, and everyone always said that he could never sing.
One day, tired of being denied of his nature, he let himself drop from the skies. On his way down he remembered his family, and for the first time, he sang.
He sang the saddest song ever sung by a bird, and it was too late. He was too close to the ground.
*fart noise*

The objective of this thread is to vote on the song you like the most, but remember: don't base your vote on the quality of the recording, base it on the content.

Here they are:

1 - "UG Synth2" (Duaneclapdrix)

2 - "Deserted Metropolis" (ehbacon)

3 - "Blue Sky" (nico_9550)

4 - "Your Last Bed" (chev311e)

5 - "The Toy Shop" (Skinny91)

6 - "Awake" (Joshua1207)

7 - "Watch This" (sickman411)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's last week's most voted song, from sickman411, "Room Temperature"!
------------------------------------------------------------------

If you too want to become a better songwriter/gigolo consider joining our group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfactory/), all the info you need to join this weekly "contest" is there.

The votes will be counted this Monday, at around 4AM GMT. The winner of this week's voting will become a mod in our group.

------------------
This! Is! a rescue...

Check out last week's thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1629801

-----------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: The voting is over! This week's winner is nico_9550 with the song "Blue Sky" with 4 votes!
(He'll be a mod on our group, until the next voting)

With 2 votes each, "Deserted Metropolis" by ehbacon, "Your Last Bed" by chev311e and "The Toy Shop" by Skinny91!
Finally with 1 vote each, "Awake" by Joshua1207 and "Watch This" by sickman411!

Thank you all for voting (and participating)!
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Jan 20, 2014,
Quote by ehbacon
you didn't make a song this week? Dropped to 7 songs.

Yeah, my sleep schedule is awesome. I can't make noise when people are sleeping here, so I couldn't record anything
Quote by Minicaxotinho
Yeah, my sleep schedule is awesome. I can't make noise when people are sleeping here, so I couldn't record anything

Yeah I slept intermittently throughout the afternoon and evening... Luckily I recorded my song on Wednesday.
Shit I thought this was due on sunday. I'm halfway done with a song I was going to finish it this weekend
i really wish i could find the time to play guitar.

i want to get in on this ;_;

**** my sleep schedule
ayy lmao
Quote by macashmack
Shit I thought this was due on sunday. I'm halfway done with a song I was going to finish it this weekend

I swear there's someone like this every week. You could try finishing it this weekend and submitting it for next week. It's not really cheating if you still do it in a week's time I guess. Or start a new one in the weekend and finish during the week, idk.

EDIT: I assume you've started mid-week because you were saying you didn't know what to write about 2 days ago or something.
Last edited by sickman411 at Jan 17, 2014,
**** my internet. That's all...
Quote by KingDime666
It's dubstep minor in E.

Quote by steve_muse
I bet I'm gunna love Revolt #plottwist
Quote by sickman411
I swear there's someone like this every week. You could try finishing it this weekend and submitting it for next week. It's not really cheating if you still do it in a week's time I guess. Or start a new one in the weekend and finish during the week, idk.

EDIT: I assume you've started mid-week because you were saying you didn't know what to write about 2 days ago or something.

I'll just start a new one for next friday.
I voted for ehbacon's. I liked the tune even though it didn't have vocals, but I could also hear vocals in my head that would've gone with it nicely. Also liked nico's guitar work on his.
Is it me or ehbacon's progression is similar(not saying that's a rip off) in parts to RHCP scar tissue? Nice one(still tryin to listen to the rest of them).
Quote by KingDime666
It's dubstep minor in E.

Quote by steve_muse
Voted for ehbacons, but it was close between chev311e and sickman411.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
(Futile attempt at raising the number of voters)

You don't have to just focus on analyzing every single song. You can put the songs playing in the background while you browse and vote on the one that was the most memorable by the end.
I'm over my head in work atm, but I'll probably have some more time the next couple of weeks. I'll see if I can record some stuffs.

For this week I voted for sickman, so deliciously gloomy.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by manualex
Is it me or ehbacon's progression is similar(not saying that's a rip off) in parts to RHCP scar tissue? Nice one(still tryin to listen to the rest of them).

Just listened to it and it is similar in some parts, but I assure you it wasn't a ripoff because I don't listen to them often.

Edit: thanks everybody who voted for me, I want to collab with a vocalist next week if anybody's up for that.
Last edited by ehbacon at Jan 18, 2014,
Quote by the bartender
For this week I voted for sickman, so deliciously gloomy.

Hmm... My current user title is just a full stop. That could use an improvement. (Thanks!)

My song this week was a bit conditioned by the fact that the intonation in my B and high E strings is a bit off and I didn't have the time to spend on trying to fix that so I had to use just the other four.

Anyway, I went with chev311e. Loved the slide intro. Solid song structure too. And seriously, if you ever want me to vote for you, use the major III chord in a major key abundantly.

EDIT: Bacon, I might do your vocals. Do you think you'll be finished by Tuesday? My last chance to record will be either Wednesday morning or Thursday morning. I actually wanted to offer my services this week but I had absolutely no time.
Last edited by sickman411 at Jan 18, 2014,
Quote by ehbacon
Edit: thanks everybody who voted for me, I want to collab with a vocalist next week if anybody's up for that.
I would be interested but I'm not sure if I have the time next week, maybe the week after.

Quote by sickman411
Hmm... My current user title is just a full stop. That could use an improvement. (Thanks!)
Glad I could help with that .
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by sickman411
EDIT: Bacon, I might do your vocals. Do you think you'll be finished by Tuesday? My last chance to record will be either Wednesday morning or Thursday morning. I actually wanted to offer my services this week but I had absolutely no time.

I can definitely finish by Tuesday, if not sooner. I'll message you when I start getting a song together.

Edit: ^whenever you have time, I would like to collab as much as possible so any week you have time that would be great
Last edited by ehbacon at Jan 18, 2014,
Voted for blue sky.
Quote by KingDime666
It's dubstep minor in E.

Quote by steve_muse
Why haven't we been getting as many votes in the last couple of weeks? It's strange, since the threads all go up at the same day of the week & time of day.

So yeah vote vote vote vote vote.
Quote by sickman411
Why haven't we been getting as many votes in the last couple of weeks? It's strange, since the threads all go up at the same day of the week & time of day.

So yeah vote vote vote vote vote.

Idk, I can sort of understand it. If I wasn't in the competition, I don't know how long I'd be bothered to keep listening and voting on these songs.
Yeah I know and I really appreciate that people come here and listen to our stuff but why does it fluctuate so much though? It's always either around 30 or less than 20.
Anyway, I just thought I'd get this some exposure.
Quote by sickman411
Yeah I know and I really appreciate that people come here and listen to our stuff but why does it fluctuate so much though? It's always either around 30 or less than 20.
Anyway, I just thought I'd get this some exposure.

there are 30 people in the group so you'd think we'd get at least 30 votes a thread
So I'm giving this a little final bump just to see if anyone wants to listen and possibly vote in these last few hours.