so after a long wait, and a good bit of drilling etc, here is what I have. I have tested it out and it sounds absolutely lovely, rich tones =), far better than any american strat i tested out ^_^, very pleased with the sound.

The action at the moment feels a little bit high, had a litle issue with some fret buzz, but im working on that, gonna go buy some new 10 46 strings tomorrow as well

so I sanded the final poly coat with 800-1500 grit sandpaper all over to try and get the final coat pretty smooth, there are definitely quite a few spots where I could still see some unlevel little bits, but I feared I would sand through all the poly if I wasnt to try and get EVERY spot, so I am ok with having a few unlevel specs.

One issue i did have after the final sanding is I certainly had an issues getting it well polished or shiny, I baught M3 Finesse It finishing polish, and I used quite a bit of it as well, I really was unable to get it shiny, I tried hand polishing and I baught a couple drill bit buff / polish pads,

I feel the color scheme has come out pretty well, the tone is amazing, I may end up taking it apart again if anyone has ay other suggestions on how to get a really shiny look. Thanks for following along on my project so far guys =)

ps, god im so happy with the sound =)

heres the journey

That's a sexy ass guitar, I just have this thing for maple necked strats
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
I don't recall ever having seen dyed spalted maple before. it looks gorgeous, but to be honest, if this was my guitar, I would have left it undyed! it looks stunning as is! great job with it and im glad its sounding good for you. you'll get your buzzing kinks worked out and it will be a perfect guitar! thanks for sharing.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Well done!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Awesome work. Congratulations, man. She's a beauty.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
*drools*
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by guitarjohn99
I may end up taking it apart again if anyone has ay other suggestions on how to get a really shiny look.

i'd spray the body with watco clear lacquer a few times, let it dry a week, repeat that about three times. then block wetsand with 800, then 1000, then 1200, then 1500, then 2000.
then polish with maguier's carnuba car wax.

should come out dripping wet looking.

here's a thin clearcoat i put on an ash body last year. probably only about 3 coats total and not a lot of wetsanding. (was going for thin)

i used the same basic technique to finish this headshell i made, but finished it in poly.

killer looking spalted maple flame top strat!
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jan 18, 2014,
sweet looking guitar for sure.
2000 Ibanez RG570 Sour Apple
2009 Ibanez RG321MH MOL
20?? Barracuda bass
Awesome, I think it would look even better with a white pickguard!
Marshall 50 Watt Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
Where do you live, when will you be away from the house, and do you own a large dog or a burglar alarm?

Seriously, that thing is beautiful! You should be damned proud of it!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by constructbot
Awesome, I think it would look even better with a white pickguard!

That is such a beautiful piece of wood that i wouldnt use pickguard at all. Why cover it under a piece of plastic.

Though the control cavity is a problem...

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Looks great. I'd have gone for chrome hardware personally, but the dye job looks fantastic.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
WOAH. That is definitely one of the most beautiful guitars Ive ever seen. Job very well done!!
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100