here is the thing. i went through a ton of strats for a while just to have, i have the best of the ones i picked up. 1995 MIM strat. up until a few months ago it was in its case for maybe 2-3 years resting.

i was playing gibson LP's, SG's, V' and sonexes' (paid under $200 a piece for each sonex one is set up for slide. the dirty fingers pickups are awesome are awesome). this is all for blues.

then i was looking at this top corner of GC and ask them about it. it was 3550 Prestige. it had sat for a while and i got it for under $700 as is. then i bought two more Prestiges', and didn't play the gibsons much. kept my main LP out and the ibbys got the action. this is more metal lead melo-death, some neoclassical.

i play both blues and metal.

now i went through some stuff and found my old strat (1995 MIM, the one i have now), which was given to me by a friend (i will liklely never see or talk to him again. he lives in south africa and isn't coming back, his only request is no modification and i can't sell it. pull it cleaned it a little bit restrung and have been feeling more drawn to it, and playing more.

so now i am wanting another strat.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
So...you've come full circle. Are you wanting a new Strat for metal or blues?

Ah- saw the other thread...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 18, 2014,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
So...you've come full circle. Are you wanting a new Strat for metal or blues?

Ah- saw the other thread...

strat for blues. i have been A/Bing my strat and my Gibby LP for like three hours. i don't know. its just weird. i didn't even like strats until then. now i like the strat. all i really use though is the neck pickup. anyways. lol.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
well as you go along in your playing evolution you tend to expand your playing and tonal palettes and this may mean going back to something from time to time. my first "real" guitar was an mid 70s Ibanez strat copy (fairly new at the time as I started in the late 70s). back then I was more into what was metal at the the time so a strat (no whammy bar) just didn't cut it. my best friend had a 79 fender strat and although it looked cool the rounded neck didn't work well for me. loved Hendrix and Blackmore but just couldn't really get on with a strat.

fast forward to about 7 years ago. came across a really nice strat copy (Vineyard), played it and just had to have it. now I have a couple of fenders (with newer 9.5" radius and satin finish necks) and consider myself to be a strat guy as that is what I'm most comfortable playing. I have a couple of humbucker guitars for certain needs but overall prefer single coils. would have never thought that in my band days as humbuckers and Floyd Roses were what I was all about.
Well, I've probsbly said this before...

Given your tonal orbit, you might consider a Reverend. Others have said, "Sounds like an LP, plays like a Strat." In his NGD, fellow UGer JustRooster claimed his Jetstream- a HH guitar- could get twangier than his partscaster with the use of the tone and bass contour knobs. Now, I wouldn't put it like that. I would say that the Revs I've owned and played are among the most tonally flexible production guitars I've had my hands on.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Eventually you'll be shopping for a hollowbody Jazz guitar. We'll still be here to support you.
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Fessenden SD-10 pedal steel
Koch Studiotone XL
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25+
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
i am kind of thinking about it more, and i think for me here is a strat now. i want a tele too, but my Peavey Horizon II (1982 and is mint) has these odd pickups and controls.
for example once the tone knob passes 7, it goes from the humbucker to a split coil. it an get good strat or tele tone. just a strat than at hopefully a tele (or two).

but i want a strat that stays. not one that goes. a keeper.

i don't really want a jazz box. never cared for hollow bodies, and i have played quite a few.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 19, 2014,
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i am kind of thinking about it more, and i think for me here is a strat now. i want a tele too, but my Peavey Horizon II (1982 and is mint) has these odd pickups and controls.
for example once the tone knob passes 7, it goes from the humbucker to a split coil. it an get good strat or tele tone. just a strat than at hopefully a tele (or two).

but i want a strat that stays. not one that goes. a keeper.

i don't really want a jazz box. never cared for hollow bodies, and i have played quite a few.

keepers are a pretty subjective thing. a great goal but one that so far I haven't come across. I've had a few guitars for a number of years but eventually I find one that is for some reason "better". I have found that I'm a strat guy so I will always have a strat but that's as close as I've come.

I don't want a jazz box or any number of other guitars as they will never suite my playing although I will try any guitar out for the experience.
When I started playing I likes LP guitars. Then it went to PRS, Tele and SG guitars. I like them all, but find myself using SG's and Tele guitars more.
Never been a fan of Strats
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
When I started playing I likes LP guitars. Then it went to PRS, Tele and SG guitars. I like them all, but find myself using SG's and Tele guitars more.
Never been a fan of Strats

i know what you mean. it seems that no matter what i play, i always come back to my les paul.

i keep the ones i like, if i dont' like it i sell it, but at this point i am targeting what i want more.

but i have been playing the strat more.at this moment.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i know what you mean. it seems that no matter what i play, i always come back to my les paul.

i keep the ones i like, if i dont' like it i sell it, but at this point i am targeting what i want more.

but i have been playing the strat more.at this moment.

As much as I like LP's I can not see spending the money on another with as much as I would like another.
I like HB's over SC's though
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
As much as I like LP's I can not see spending the money on another with as much as I would like another.
I like HB's over SC's though

i agree with you 80% of the time. that 10% is a tele twang from 'pop' country like brad paisley, or such. the other 10% is when they are pushed grinding blues strat leads.

but i think out of 20ish guitars, the only SC's on guitars other than the strat are in the middle positions on my ibbys.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I'm somewhat in the same boat.

Out of mt 20+, I have 3 guitars with singlecoils, and one in the works. I do, however, have another 4 HH guitars with splittable coils...two of those are individually splittable. And my 2 HSS guitars have splittable HBs as well.