Hello everyone. I'm new at the forum and I'm Turkish. So my English isn't so much good. Please excuse me if I wrote it wrong.

I had chance to try Marshall Valvestate VS232 last year. And I love it..! So I found used VS100 and VS265 in my local secondhand site. Here what I understand about these amps:

VS232- 60W, 2 Channel, 2 Speaker
VS100- 100W, 2 Channel, 1 Speaker
VS265- 130W, 3 Channel, 2 Speaker

And all of them with Chorus, Reverb effects. Am I right? And I'm not close to amps' locations. Is there so much difference between these amps' drive or clean tones? It's going to be a little blind deal if I will buy any of them.

In my country I couldn't find any person who knows anything about this subject. I'm going to use it on stage with analog effects. Should I buy VS100 or VS265? What do you guys think?

Here is an alternative idea: Should I look Laney LV200 or something instead of Valvestate amplifiers? Or should I buy full tube Blackstar HT-5R Combo?

Thanks in advance.
The Blackstar would not be a good choice if your going to play live.

What type of music do you play?
What is your budget?
Are these the only amps you have looked at or that are available used in your area?

From my under standing all of the VS line are pretty much the same amp with different speaker and power amp options.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
given a choice I'd go with tubes. now given your location I understand that might not be as easy. the Valvestate amps while not the worst tend to be disappointing if you want that Marshall sound you hear on most records (unless you are a huge fan of early Death in which case the vs is perfect.) if you can afford and try out a few tube amps then give that a go and figure on getting an overdrive pedal.
Take a look at the Laney Cub 12
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Robbgnarly
The Blackstar would not be a good choice if your going to play live. What type of music do you play? What is your budget? Are these the only amps you have looked at or that are available used in your area? From my under standing all of the VS line are pretty much the same amp with different speaker and power amp options.

I'm playing live three times every week for now and I'm going to use it on the stage. There is a differences the type of music that I play on stage and at home. On stage, alternative rock, pop and something like that.

My budget is 1050 Turkish liras for now. (Approximately 500$)

VS amps are only avaible "used" amps in my area. Others are just the only amps I looked. If there is any advice, I would be pleased to hear.

Quote by monwobobbo
given a choice I'd go with tubes. now given your location I understand that might not be as easy. the Valvestate amps while not the worst tend to be disappointing if you want that Marshall sound you hear on most records (unless you are a huge fan of early Death in which case the vs is perfect.) if you can afford and try out a few tube amps then give that a go and figure on getting an overdrive pedal.

I'm thinking about it too. Tubes are the best. (And I'm not early Death fan. )

Quote by Cathbard
Take a look at the Laney Cub 12

Vocal in my band has it(Also he's playing rhythm guitar parts). In fact, it's in my house now, he brought it after the stage. He's not like carrying it to his house. Stage is close to me. But I don't like this amp so much. It's good for that price but still "it's not the amp I'm looking for".

And one more thing guys: Yesterday -after I wrote this message- I found Vox AC15C1 for 1100 Turkish Liras. I grabbed my guitar and went there. The man who sells the amp said: "There's no drive on it.". Actually I'm very surprised. I tried the amp and he's right. No matter how much you increase volume the sound isn't distorted. I didn't believe him. I think there's a defect inside the amp. Right? What do you say?
Look at the Jet City combo's from www.thomann.de cheap and great sound
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Look at the Jet City combo's from www.thomann.de cheap and great sound

Cheap? Not in Turkey. Only The Head is 1259 Turkish liras and if I buy it I must buy cabinets. It costs over 2000 liras. I've only 1000-1200 liras budget. Thanks for reply by the way.
Last edited by mercek at Jan 19, 2014,
The AC15 could have a bad tube in it crippling the gain on it. Probably not a good idea trying g to take guess on it when your budget is so tight though.

what stuff can you afford? How much is the new Marshall DSL15C for you?

When you gig, are you mic'd up?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Try ordering the jet city from thomann and see if they ship stuff to turkey, too.

Also, IIRC the blackstar HT-5R isn't an actual all tube amp.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Offworld92
The AC15 could have a bad tube in it crippling the gain on it. Probably not a good idea trying g to take guess on it when your budget is so tight though. what stuff can you afford? How much is the new Marshall DSL15C for you? When you gig, are you mic'd up?

I thought that way too about AC15 but like you said it's not good idea taking a guess about it. :/

Like I said earlier, I've 1000 Turkish liras, if I can push it, it can be 1200-1250 liras more or less. It's equal to 500-600$ I guess. Marshall DSL15C is 1670 Turkish liras. If I had 1400 I could buy Blues Junior III.

Yeah, I will mic it up.

Quote by Spambot_2
Try ordering the jet city from thomann and see if they ship stuff to turkey, too. Also, IIRC the blackstar HT-5R isn't an actual all tube amp.

Enter of the site they asking which is your country and there's not Turkey flag. Even if there is I can't order from another country. It's electronic device and if I receive defected product how can I ship it back? It can be very exhausting. I didn't know that Blackstar isn't all tube. Thanks.
^ who cares if the flag isn't there, I ordered a cab from the german language site and I'm in Italy.
Go into the english translated website and search your stuff there.
Then you just press "add to cart" and when you check out you put "turkey" and your address in the address fields to see if they actually do ship stuff there.

If the product is defective you can just ship it back with a courier.
I'm not sure if they'll pay the shipping back to them too if you get something faulty.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
^ who cares if the flag isn't there, I ordered a cab from the german language site and I'm in Italy. Go into the english translated website and search your stuff there. Then you just press "add to cart" and when you check out you put "turkey" and your address in the address fields to see if they actually do ship stuff there. If the product is defective you can just ship it back with a courier. I'm not sure if they'll pay the shipping back to them too if you get something faulty.

Imm, I had no idea it works that way. Thanks, I'm looking it again then.
Yeah Thomann ships world wide. There are people here that live in Australia, India and even the USA. And these are not listed either.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Yes, I looked it again. They are shipping Turkey 30€. And Jet City Combos are really affordable. I'm going to look that amps for a while. Thanks for helping.