Hi guys,

I've won a Orange Crush CR35LDX in Total Guitar magazine which is great! Thing is, what I really want is a Zoom G3X as I have only 1 stompbox ( Danelectro Milkshake) which is broken anyway. (My uncle makes effects pedals for Biffy Clyro so I'm confident he can fix it when I next see him.) Anyway, I'm saving for the Zoom processor but it occurred to me that if I sold the Orange then I could afford it. The amp hasn't arrived yet but my question is should I sell the amp to buy the processor? Will the amp improve my sound enough to keep it? Is the unit worth putting all my effort into saving for?

I haven't been playing guitar too long but I've picked it up very easily, perhaps because I previously played drums for 6 years and self taught keyboard for 2 years- My current gear is generally beginner stuff which I'm phasing out:

Yamaha Pacifica 112V (I've got a DiMarzio Tone Zone DP155 but haven't got round to installing it yet)

Squier Bullet Strat (My own project- picked it up on the cheap and gradually developing it into low end Fender Strat standard.Probably install vintage strat stock pickups.)

Line 6 Spider 4 15

I have other gear but that's my main ''rig''.

Help would be greatly appreciated.
2 modelling amps and a multi fx unit is what speaks to me.

Id sell both the amps, buy a little tube amp (Laney/Blackstar) and the Zoom pedal you want. Should get some better sounds out of it that way.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
2 modelling amps and a multi fx unit is what speaks to me.

Id sell both the amps, buy a little tube amp (Laney/Blackstar) and the Zoom pedal you want. Should get some better sounds out of it that way.

Oops, I knew I'd forgotten something in my OP.

One of the reasons I want the ZOOM is for its versatility such as drum machine (please nobody tell me to buy a drum machine) which would allow my band to practice s we don' have a drummer plu the Orange amp is load enough to practice with or even play small venues.
What kind of music do you play? Like Carrot said there is no reason whatsoever to have three modellers. If you really want a Zoom, sell both amps, get a zoom and a decent cheap tube amp. Peavey Valveking comes to mind.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Quote by tas38
What kind of music do you play? Like Carrot said there is no reason whatsoever to have three modellers. If you really want a Zoom, sell both amps, get a zoom and a decent cheap tube amp. Peavey Valveking comes to mind.

Technically, it's 'indie' rock/alternative rock with influences of Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes but I want to take a blues/psychedelic twist on it inspired by Black Keys/Tame Impala
Laney Club 12 and the zoom fx unit.
Or some kind of fender combo. (ive no idea on fenders at all)
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
The Zoom is good, so get that.

The Line 6 Spider & The Orange Crush are both crap though. Sell them both. I wouldn't bother fixing the Danelectro either - they're cheap effects, you could probably buy a new one for the price of a fix.

As you're phasing out your beginner kit, a tube amp is definitely the way to go
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
The Zoom is good, so get that.

The Line 6 Spider & The Orange Crush are both crap though. Sell them both. I wouldn't bother fixing the Danelectro either - they're cheap effects, you could probably buy a new one for the price of a fix.

As you're phasing out your beginner kit, a tube amp is definitely the way to go

Fair comments. I've gotten a decent tone out of the Line 6 though for what I need though onviously tubes are better. Bear in mind, I'm only 14 (should have mentioned that in the OP) so selling them both isn't as easy as when you're an adult because I'd only sell them both if it was absolutely the correct decision for me.

Oh and I just like the sound of the Danelectro and they are difficult to find now in UK- plus I won't be charged for repair.

I probably couldn't gig with a 15w Tube, could I? (Very small gigs)
Plus, they are around £260 and I'd only get around 80 for the Spider and 170 for the Orange. Unless I'm missing something.
A 15w tube amp would be plenty for gigging with at smaller pubs etc, although depending on the amp you may not have much headroom for cleans. I gig regularly with my 30 watt tube amp and it's more than enough for most local venues.

As you're only 14, you should tell your parents before selling anything to fund better equipment. Parents can be funny about that sort of thing if you haven't warned them, but they can also help you out. Get your Uncle on side too, so he can back you up when you say you need to upgrade.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
A 15w tube amp would be plenty for gigging with at smaller pubs etc, although depending on the amp you may not have much headroom for cleans. I gig regularly with my 30 watt tube amp and it's more than enough for most local venues.

As you're only 14, you should tell your parents before selling anything to fund better equipment. Parents can be funny about that sort of thing if you haven't warned them, but they can also help you out. Get your Uncle on side too, so he can back you up when you say you need to upgrade.

Oh, that's not an issue - my parents are extremely supportive of my progress. My mother pays for my guitar tuition every week and bought my my first guitar and I am very grateful for that. I'll speak to my uncle about what to do as well. He obviously knows my gear and tone well as he recvomended the line 6 and the Pacifica.
Quote by GaryBillington

Oh, that's not an issue - my parents are extremely supportive of my progress. My mother pays for my guitar tuition every week and bought my my first guitar and I am very grateful for that. I'll speak to my uncle about what to do as well. He obviously knows my gear and tone well as he recvomended the line 6 and the Pacifica.