just got it everything works except this annoying high pitched squeal its not loud but audible enough to take it off my board it does it whenever it has power. i've tried different cables, using the pedal alone and isolated power still no luck with the squeal and another problem when you turn the knobs you can hear it through the amp not like scratchy pots but like a strange phaser sweep.
you bought it used?

does it have 'reverb' as an effect in general?

does it sound like something is reversed?

was it modded at all?

do you the appropriate power adapter to test with (same volts, polarity and mA)?

Does the jack look good on the inside?

are you running this up front or in a loop? Can you put it into a different amp?

k
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
you bought it used?

does it have 'reverb' as an effect in general?

does it sound like something is reversed?

was it modded at all?

do you the appropriate power adapter to test with (same volts, polarity and mA)?

Does the jack look good on the inside?

are you running this up front or in a loop? Can you put it into a different amp?

k

sorry for the late reply. I have checked everything and the noise goes away when I use just a regular 9v battery so i guess no power supplys for me. its running at the end of my chain in detail
crybaby,tweakfuzz,modded ts9,boss ns-2,ernie ball vp jr, , mxr carbon copy, hall of fame.
I had the same problem when running it from my one-spot power supply. It got worse when there were other amps on in the room too.

It seemed to be better once i made the upgrade to an isolated power supply i use now! might be a good investment
?? really? i am using the PGS trinity version and its dead quiet. its in the FX loop on my tweaker 40, set on buffered bypass, using a 1 spot daisey chain.

both it and the TC flashback delay are 100% perfectly quiet. i really do like these pedals.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
I have had occasions where my Hall of Fame would go into "howl" mode and I had to turn the amp off immediately or risk deafness. This was a VERY loud shrieking sound that didn't go away when I turned the pedal off, and was much louder than the amp's settings.

I think I finally nailed it down to what was causing it though; it seemed to only happen when I was on high gain and the guitar was already feeding back, then I turned the HoF on. I've since taken care to never turn it on when the amp is already feeding back, and it's never happened since. I can go into feedback with the pedal on and it doesn't howl. I suppose that could have been a power issue as well, I don't know. I love the pedal regardless of that issue.
If its only when you plug it in, it could also actually be a wiring issue inside your house. You might be getting a back-feed or have an improper ground, due to improper wiring in the house, which can cause havoc on pedal boards. Try getting a power conditioner or just try various outlets throughout the house or a buddy's house and see if that helps. Could help pinpoint the issue.

'08 PRS singlecut
'11 Gibson Les paul studio
'83 Gibson es-335 dot
'11 Taylor 114 ce
Bogner Ubercshall
Hughes and Kettner Triamp cab
Quote by arteestic1
If its only when you plug it in, it could also actually be a wiring issue inside your house. You might be getting a back-feed or have an improper ground, due to improper wiring in the house, which can cause havoc on pedal boards. Try getting a power conditioner or just try various outlets throughout the house or a buddy's house and see if that helps. Could help pinpoint the issue.

my board is plugged into a furman power conditioner still no luck, unless i use batteries. i'm really thinking about buying the voodoo labs power brick.
I have the same high pitched noise from my Hall of Fame mini. Thought it was the One Spot daisy chain, as I was running 4 pedals already. I recently added the MXR DC Brick, but the problem persisted. I'll bet using a battery gets rid of it, thought I have not had time to trouble shoot it properly yet. I'll post if I find a solution.
Immediately after I posted I realize the HOF mini doesn't have the batter option. The noise seems to come and go. I have yet to try it out on a different power circuit.