Hi,

I'm currently saving for a Zoom G3X and I'd really appreciate if anybody could inform me on what are the best modes/sims you can get out of the unit. Would the processor be good for these bands (my favourites):

Arctic Monkeys (Light overdrives, slight reverbs, subtle effects usually)

Red Hot Chili Peppers (Fruciante doesn't use many effects but I just can't get a good Chilis tone)

Black Keys (Basically just to emphasise he crunch I already have)

Those Band in particular but I'm also keen on learning some Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and tha sort of stuff- classic blues rock too. I've seen the list of effects but no info on which models work the best.

Many thanks
I'll first start off by saying sorry that I may not be answering your question directly, but I am probably one of the few here that would actually have a Zoom G3 in the first place. I can't give you comparisons to the bands' sounds that you are looking for either. It's hard to figure out which effect chain or sim you are looking for. I play around with a lot of metal and experimental metal tones on mine.

Honestly, the G3 is such an awesome multi-fx pedal that it's worth checking out and playing around with either way. I picked up mine as a refurbished unit for only $140. That's the cost of like 3 regular pedals and I've gotten way more than that out of it.
Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1 Gravity Storm(neck)/X2N(bridge) Drop Db
Ibanez S421 Air Norton(neck)/Super Distortion(bridge) Drop D
7th Heaven->ML-2->Dr. Boogie->Zoom G3->GE-7->NS-2->Mute
Line 6 Spider II HD150+foot pedal
Some 4x12 cab

Experimentation is the key.

Read up on what amps & effects the guys you're trying to emulate use, then set up patches with the necessary stomps & sims.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by FoX KiLLa
I'll first start off by saying sorry that I may not be answering your question directly, but I am probably one of the few here that would actually have a Zoom G3 in the first place. I can't give you comparisons to the bands' sounds that you are looking for either. It's hard to figure out which effect chain or sim you are looking for. I play around with a lot of metal and experimental metal tones on mine.

Honestly, the G3 is such an awesome multi-fx pedal that it's worth checking out and playing around with either way. I picked up mine as a refurbished unit for only $140. That's the cost of like 3 regular pedals and I've gotten way more than that out of it.

Actually, I think a lot of us ug'ers have the g3/g5. Hell, fly has both I think, along with every other multifx made in the last few decades.

I agree with everything else though. The g3 has so many useful, easy to use features its well worth the price no matter what kinda music you're playing. I think it will work well for the bands you mentioned.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by lucky1978
Actually, I think a lot of us ug'ers have the g3/g5. Hell, fly has both I think, along with every other multifx made in the last few decades.

Huh, OK. I never see too many people post/talk about it or list it as part of their equipment I guess. I know it's not necessarily looked down upon; just not that popular.
Gear:
Some 4x12 cab

Quote by FoX KiLLa
Huh, OK. I never see too many people post/talk about it or list it as part of their equipment I guess. I know it's not necessarily looked down upon; just not that popular.

I'm proud to list is as part of my board

The thing with Zoom is they used to have a reputation for being the cheap effects brand, but in the last couple of years they've upped their game & bit & started competing properly with the likes of Line 6. The G1 & G2 are a bit of a hangover to the budget ranges of their past, but the G3/5/7 etc are excellent bits of kit.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
I'm proud to list is as part of my board

Apparently I've just simply ignored you the whole time. But you're still the only other person I've seen list it as part of their gear.
Gear:
Some 4x12 cab