Page 1 of 3
Who are some guitarists that do not get respect because of their band? I think Rocky George is an incredible player and seeing him play live a few times verifies he is a madman but he never really gets brought up in the "greatest guitarist" lists. My theory is because he plays for a less popular group. Thoughts?
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
no not really... it is more of "another the band hurt the player" thread? I guess it could degrade into one but that was not the intent. Sometimes the genre of music hurts the public opinion. Some genre of music has a great deal of hate (rap, country, etc) but there are very talented people playing in them and they often get overlooked. i guess that was what i was getting at... who are some musicians that are not talked about because they are in unpopular groups or genre.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
I always thought Lynyrd Skynyrd didn't get enough credit for the band's success, especially considering how much worse they got once he died in a helicopter crash.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by necrosis1193
I always thought Lynyrd Skynyrd didn't get enough credit for the band's success, especially considering how much worse they got once he died in a helicopter crash.

Yea, I always loved the song, 'Sweet Home Louisiana'.
Quote by chev311e
Yea, I always loved the song, 'Sweet Home Louisiana'.

I always liked Wednesday's Here more, but Sweet Home is great too.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by whywefight
Wes Borland's solo stuff is aight

Great example, Limp Bizkit and Marilyn Manson... not known for guitar but its there.
Quote by BlackVoid
Quote by chev311e
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWNaR-rxAic

The guitarist in this song.

I've always found that so funny

I would say Ray Toro from My Chemical Romance. He could seriously shred when he wanted to and wrote some cool riffs.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Synyster Gates. Guy plays such great sounding solos. He is hated though. Don't know why. I don't like the band, but he inspired me to learn to shred
Jason Richardson from Chelsea Grin, I like the direction he put them in. I'm not a fan of chuggy chuggy excessively heavy deathcore but for some reason I'm okay with them doing that.
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
omg he said thing first, some1 give him a medal
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Jacky Vincent of Falling in Reverse. I think he's talented. but everyones like lol Ronnie radke.
Most country guitarists.

Keith Urban could rip it, but not really the style for his songs. If anyone gone to his live shows, the man can play. Same goes for Brad Paisley.
Quote by Shotgunmerc
All three Periphery guitarists? They're all good, Periphery gets hated for the vocals and for being djent.
Whilst I would agree and also add Alex Bois to that list, the band are playing a variation of technical metal - a genre associated with guitar wizards.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Emptiiness
Jacky Vincent of Falling in Reverse. I think he's talented. but everyones like lol Ronnie radke.

you disgust me. though i should've guessed from your username that you're a lameass scene kid hardcore fag
Quote by Paroxysm
Most country guitarists.

Keith Urban could rip it, but not really the style for his songs. If anyone gone to his live shows, the man can play. Same goes for Brad Paisley.

Brad Paisley is awesome. I only listen to his instrumental stuff cos country singing is ghey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8CrcXy_bMg
justin bieber

Jhon 5 from Rob Zombie and before that Mailyn Manson. Neither bands are known for guitar but he's one of the best guitarists out there right now.
Izzy stradlin from gnr most people dont even know his name slash gets all the credit for apitite for destruction.
Quote by victoriagnr
Richie Sambora? I think he's great even though the band isn't

Agreed. His solo albums were better than all bon jovi's except maybe Slippery When Wet.
Quote by progdude93
you disgust me. though i should've guessed from your username that you're a lameass scene kid hardcore fag

...That was unexpected...
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by Paroxysm
Most country guitarists.

Brad Paisley is an amazing guitarist, but gets no love, not that songs with stupid pedantic lyrics help, or bringing LL Cool J in on anything anymore is a good idea. I will also say that Ray Toro is underrated, though I haven't heard any of their music since that concept album (can't remember the name) they did. I also like the work of Martin Barre, Jethro Tull guitarist, not incredibly technical, but good riffs.

apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Nolly is the best guitarist, what a shame he plays bass.

But he's gonna do a lot for metal bass I think which is exciting.

This post pisses me off

What a shame he plays bass? Are you for real?
pinga
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Uh, why? He's the best guitarist in the band, and a better guitarist than bassist.

I dont understand where the shame is in playing bass? Are you saying somehow that bass is an inferior instrument to guitar?
pinga
Quote by link no1
...That was unexpected...

if you hold favorable views about that band or anyone involved with it, you deserve to be ridiculed like the shameless husk of humanity that you used to be before you withered into the depraved thing you are now.

(you being the general you, not you specifically)
@cb4rabid
No, he's saying that his guitar talents aren't being utilised as much. There's really not much to misunderstand
Quote by Cb4rabid
I dont understand where the shame is in playing bass? Are you saying somehow that bass is an inferior instrument to guitar?

well, first of all, both are important. but i'd rather listen to a great guitarist over a mediocre bassline than a mediocre guitarist over a kickin bassline.

second of all, he was probably saying that it's a shame, because imagine how awesome the guitarwork would be if the best guitarist played guitar
Kirk Hammett.

lel.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
I still dont understand. He's a great guitarist. Guitarist. Bass-GUITAR. He plays the bass GUITAR really well. His basslines are nice and jamming. I don't see how him being a bass GUITARIST makes the band any less good sounding or ''shameful''.
pinga
Quote by ChucklesMginty
You are literally retarded.

As opposed to figuratively ******ed?
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Orianthi ruins herself. At one moment she has a pretty cool instrumental with Steve Vai, at the next she's doing generic girly "my boyfriend's a scumbag" pop-rock.
Last edited by Seref at Jan 19, 2014,
Page 1 of 3