Hi everybody, I am the owner of a Jackson Kelly KE5FR, as well as a few other Jacksons. Lately something started to bother me, and now i decided i wanted and answer about something that i find odd with my guitar. I couldn't find any way to register on Jacksons forums, so i will ask my question here instead.

As you probably know a Jackson Kelly has a 3-way pickup selector. The odd thing about my Kelly, is that it seems like i activate the neck pickup and the bridge pickup in the wrong direction. Usually the the neck pickup is the first one (the position that points towards the neck of the guitar) and the bridge position is in the position that points towards the bridge of the gutiar. That is the way it is on my Jackson Dinky and Jackson King V. However, on my Kelly, the position closest to the neck seems to activate the "treble" pickup (you know the agressive sounding one) and the one closest to the bridge seem to activate the neck pickup.

It has always been this way, but i usually didn't think much of it, but lately i started to wonder if something is wrong with my guitar, if the pickups are placed wrong or there is something wrong with the wiring (i don't know a lot about the specifics of this kind of stuff). I just want to make sure that i get the most out of my guitar, and it sounds as it is supposed to sound. So does any of you know what could be the reason, for what seems like reverse order when using the pickup selector?
Last edited by 91metalhead at Jan 18, 2014,
Loosen the pickup selector and turn it the other way.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
^ yeah
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yep! You're overthinking it. It's just that the switch is turned round the wrong way. Spin it, man. Spin it!