Does anyone else have medical problems that seemingly no one else has to deal with?

Page 1 of 3
If so, vent about it here. If not, pity us.

I have had allergies since I was a kid. The constant sneezing, puffyness, runny nose, and stuffy nostrils used to irritate me as a kid during certain seasons, but now it's constant. I can't do anything without making sure I have tissues handy, which makes me constantly paranoid that people will see my nose dripping and think I'm disgusting for it. To top it all of, my nose is mega sensitive and there are scabs constantly forming on the inside. I look like an idiot about 80 percent of the time because I'm breathing through my mouth when one or both of my nostrils decide to swell up for no reason. No one else I know deals with this sort of thing. Not even those who claim to have horrible allergies.

Anyone else?
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
So... you're super rare medical problem is severe allergies? I'm sorry, but

EDIT: This looks more aggressive/offensive than I meant it to be. Sorry if I came off as a douche.
Last edited by Baby Joel at Jan 19, 2014,
I have acid reflux. Apparently it's a common thing these days, but it really sucks. If I eat acidic foods, I'm pretty much guaranteeing myself a sleepless night of pain.

It restricts what and when I can eat and drink. There are far worse ailments I could have, but I wish I didn't have it.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Baby Joel
So... you're super rare medical problem is severe allergies? I'm sorry, but

EDIT: This looks more aggressive/offensive than I meant it to be. Sorry if I came off as a douche.

You're good. I didn't mean that it was super rare or anything. I just don't know anyone else who has these symptoms every day of the year.
TS, do you use a wheelchair? Puss puss

(PS, too much wine)
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
You basically described me

But luckily I have this one brand of nasal spray that works like magic
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by Rogue Hermit
TS, do you use a wheelchair? Puss puss

(PS, too much wine)

Easy for a normal to say...
I have a second face growing out of the back of my head, usually it does nothing but sometimes it takes over my body and writes "ts is a kunt" while giving a loud squeal.

Ts is a kunt
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Dislocated my knee when I was younger, most painful thing I ever felt, anyway, every couple of months or so it pops out and back in randomly, hurts like hell and I end up having to limp for about a week, it happened 2 weeks ago, I was literally just standing there and next of all it just goes, I fall check my knee, it's back in place, then lie down for a couple of hours because if I put the slightest bit of weight on it , it will hurt a lot.
Quote by c3powil
Easy for a normal to say...

But srsly
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
i'm pretty anemic lol

I just have bad health in general and always feel like shit but blood work always says I'm healthy and nothing is wrong with me.

And I have a lot of heart problems. Palpitations and jumps and flutters. Pounding a lot too. I seem to suffer from tachycardia a good amount of the time (resting heart rate 100bpm or more). But no doctor has ever said anything about it.

Top that off with pretty bad anxiety and depression. Life is great.
My bladder doesn't work right so I had a period of time involving a lot of catheters and one time my kidneys almost failed.

I'm extremely aware of my urinary health at any given time and have to actively make sure nothing bad happens again.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by eGraham
I have acid reflux. Apparently it's a common thing these days, but it really sucks. If I eat acidic foods, I'm pretty much guaranteeing myself a sleepless night of pain.

It restricts what and when I can eat and drink. There are far worse ailments I could have, but I wish I didn't have it.

I have that too.
Try Bicarbonated Soda. When you feel the effects of acid reflux coming on, mix a flat teaspoon of BC with half a cup of water, stir vigorously until either the water is clear or it stops desolving, then quickly (because it tastes horrible) swallow it. Jump up and down a bit just to mix things up, then you'll want to seriously burp for a while because the BC will have turned your excess stomach acid into a gas, which, once you burp it all up, gives you pretty much instant relief.
Do the scabs hurt like hell?

I think I have had a few of those and also have bad allergies.

dissociative drug addiction (drug addiction is common, doing dxm/k/mxe so much is not)
Quote by lemmyisgod97
Dislocated my knee when I was younger, most painful thing I ever felt, anyway, every couple of months or so it pops out and back in randomly, hurts like hell and I end up having to limp for about a week, it happened 2 weeks ago, I was literally just standing there and next of all it just goes, I fall check my knee, it's back in place, then lie down for a couple of hours because if I put the slightest bit of weight on it , it will hurt a lot.

Have you ever had physio on your knee? After I did mine as a kid, it went again a few days later... Had to do a lot of physio to build it up so it wouldn't keep happening. Has been good since.

For my own issues, nothing that serious, but seem to have constant neck muscle issues, as well as tendency for acne and stys, which is something no one else I know my age seems to deal with.
I have this really rare thing where I think I am the center of the universe and god singled me out with a one of a kind sickness.
My sweat glands don't produce much sweat at all

I have to stay well hydrated all the time
Quote by Neo Evil11
I have a second face growing out of the back of my head, usually it does nothing but sometimes it takes over my body and writes "ts is a kunt" while giving a loud squeal.

Ts is a kunt

sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
My lips used to peel quite badly. They still peel a little now but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Recently the skin around my nose has been very dry and peeling.

I have a big ass neevus on the my back. It's about the size of a fist, black, and hairy. Tried cutting it out, but it's a pain to do so and it always grows back. Cuz of surgery I've got a 37 stitch scar on my back. Gnarley.
Marfans syndrome

Shitty heart, shitty connective tissue/muscles, super tall/thin, at risk for detached retinas
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by progdude93
i have huge nipples for no reason

youll find that reason out when the time comes
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by Vitor_vdp
Have you thought about going to a doctor? There are allergy shots that can help.

I never thought about it as a kid. Just kept taking allergy meds. I would go get checked out, but medical stuff is really expensive.

Quote by garden of grey
Do the scabs hurt like hell?

I think I have had a few of those and also have bad allergies.

dissociative drug addiction (drug addiction is common, doing dxm/k/mxe so much is not)

Yes it hurts and my nose is sore because of it a lot of the time.
I don't have a spleen, so I get sick a lot.

As for medical/mental problems I have a few that lots of people deal with, adhd, alcoholism, severe anxiety with panic attacks, things like that.
Last edited by stratkat at Jan 19, 2014,
Quote by stratkat
I don't have a spleen, so I get sick a lot.

I always thought that losing your spleen was the gateway to superpowers. A friend of mine from uni- super geek, hated exercise etc, was hit by a car in our third year. He had his spleen removed because it ruptured.

Now he's a tough as f*ck policeman.
Quote by eGraham

'Prilosec' is an amazing long term treatment for it. If you need something fast and ASAP 'Zantac' works amazing. My acid reflux really flares up when I drink so I take 2x Zantac 150's prior to a night of heavy drinking. I can actually keep liquor down that way.

My acid reflux will flare up every few months and I will take a week long Prilosec regiment and it will nuke the problems for a while.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
Quote by c3powil
I never thought about it as a kid. Just kept taking allergy meds. I would go get checked out, but medical stuff is really expensive.

Yes it hurts and my nose is sore because of it a lot of the time.

I was allergic to a lot of stuff until I was about 18 and it went away. Supposedly, your body changes every seven or so years and there is the possibility you will grow out of them one day. But its also possible to get them back again.

Rugs were my worst enemy, get rid of them if you have them and maybe a dehumidifier in the house might help. That's about all you can do, I think. It sucks.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by LostLegion
ive a huge dick

and you also overcompensate a lot.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by SlackerBabbath
I have that too.
Try Bicarbonated Soda. When you feel the effects of acid reflux coming on, mix a flat teaspoon of BC with half a cup of water, stir vigorously until either the water is clear or it stops desolving, then quickly (because it tastes horrible) swallow it. Jump up and down a bit just to mix things up, then you'll want to seriously burp for a while because the BC will have turned your excess stomach acid into a gas, which, once you burp it all up, gives you pretty much instant relief.

Woah. Cheers for this, I might give it a try, cause I have pretty much the same thing.
I am predisposed to developing eating disorders and I can have pretty bad OCD.

Now that I know I have these conditions, I don't think I could ever let them get out of control like they did before I knew they were problems, but recovering from these things is a huge bitch.

I thought OCD was relatively harmless until I tried breaking out of my rituals. Then I realized how time consuming and stress inducing being in the grips of OCD is.

I've had a few serious physical health problems but nothing long term or chronic, thank goodness.
I have a lot of serious back issues (fractures/pinched nerves/bulging discs.) Which always makes other people say something like "yeah my back is a little sore too, you're fine." I don't know many people who deal with what I do.
I have pretty bad depression and anxiety to the point of panic attacks. This doesn't work well in conjunction with some of my substance abuse issues.

I have an odd heart. A lot of palpitations and going from slow to absolute pounding out of my chest. That's caused panic attacks for me before.

I have kidney stones that keep forming and as a result i keep winding up with a uti. Anyone who's experienced this knows that when this happens, your dick will occasionally discharge. That's quite uncomfortable, can also be quite painful. Especially when a stone fragment decides to slip it's way out or a stone is moving. Makes your kidneys/back hurt like hell.

There was also a time i was semi-psychotic. That was fun.
ayy lmao
Last edited by chookiecookie at Jan 19, 2014,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I always thought that losing your spleen was the gateway to superpowers. A friend of mine from uni- super geek, hated exercise etc, was hit by a car in our third year. He had his spleen removed because it ruptured.

Now he's a tough as f*ck policeman.

It does something with fighting infection and illness.
I didn't get hit by anything, mine swelled because I had mono, and ruptured badly after a small rupture within a 12 hour timespan.
Quote by Thrill-house
I have a lot of serious back issues (fractures/pinched nerves/bulging discs.) Which always makes other people say something like "yeah my back is a little sore too, you're fine." I don't know many people who deal with what I do.

My step dad is basically falling apart so he's had a lot of issues dealing with chronic pain. He used to be super fit and teach stuff like kickboxing and stuff. Six or seven years later he can barely sit down without a lot of pain. His pain medication takes away that filter between what you think and what you say, so I basically want to murder him the whole time I'm home. He's singing (badly), making noises, or talking 24/7. It never stops.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Page 1 of 3