I'm at a loss for what game to play.. I really want to find a nice single player action rpg in particular.. more of a torchlight 2 / diablo 3 esque game. I am open to any single player recommendations though. I've been spending the last 2 hours looking for a game to play and i just can't do it team.. pitplz
Quote by vayne92
I'm at a loss for what game to play.. I really want to find a nice single player action rpg in particular.. more of a torchlight 2 / diablo 3 esque game. I am open to any single player recommendations though. I've been spending the last 2 hours looking for a game to play and i just can't do it team.. pitplz

PC?

Path of Exile....(just play alone).

If you don't mind going a bit older on the PS2 There's Champions of Norrath.

WTLTL 2011
PC yeah. I played path of exile for a few hours and really couldn't get into it, but maybe i could force myself to try agian if i can't find anything.

And i have played Skyrim of course. I played that like 12 hours a day nonstop when i first got it haha
Witcher 2, Dragon Age series, Deus Ex, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Mass Effect series at a pinch but its more of a shooter.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by EpiExplorer
Witcher 2, Dragon Age series, Deus Ex, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Mass Effect series at a pinch but its more of a shooter.

Played them all (except dragon age), but i heard from reviews that the new one was pretty shitty. Would you recommend going for the previous one then?
Dragon Age: Origins is incredible. Get it. DA2 isn't as good but it's still a solid game.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Dragon Age Origins sounds like the one to go for then. Would you recommend getting the ultimate edition for a bit extra or just the standard?

I can get it either $5 for the standard origins or $12.50 for origins ultimate edition
Last edited by vayne92 at Jan 19, 2014,
Quote by vayne92
Dragon Age Origins sounds like the one to go for then. Would you recommend getting the ultimate edition for a bit extra or just the standard?

I can get it either $5 for the standard origins or $12.50 for origins ultimate edition

The Ultimate Edition has all the extra stuff and DLC's, it's well worth the price.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
DragonAge is a solid game. I've played both but only finished Awakening and DA2. Haven't finished origins yet
Quote by vayne92

Ultimate edition is best edition. One of the packs is a bit bad (the darkspawn chronicles) but you do get instant 'make companions like you' gifts. Very much a squad building game, although its not core like ME2.

Would also recommend checking the Dragon Age Nexus for one or two mods.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
'The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing' feels almost like Diablo 3 and has a half decent story to go with it.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
Neverwinter Nights or Neverwinter Nights 2

/Thread
Gear:

Fender American Hand Stained stratocaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Deluxe FSR

Squier Vista Venus

Boss TU-3
Boss OD-3
Pro co Rat 2
EHX Big Muff Nano
EHX Small clone
Boss DD7
Hardwire Supernatural

Vox AC30cc1
Blackheart Little Giant stack
Skyrim if you're into adventuring. Deus Ex for something less sword-and-magicky. Mass Effect for more action and less RPG elements.

And any old Bioware titles. Dragon Age Origins, KotOR 1&2, Jade Empire, Neverwinter Nights.
Last edited by Seref at Jan 19, 2014,
Quote by Seref

And any old Bioware titles. Dragon Age Origins, KotOR 1&2, Jade Empire, Neverwinter Nights.

This.

Literally any Bioware game ever fits what you want.
Quote by Malchius
A bit old but KOTOR 1 and 2 are still good single player RPGs.

I started the 2nd one a few days ago and without realizing it I'm like 25 hours into it, damn good games.
Quote by darrenram1
DragonAge is a solid game. I've played both but only finished Awakening and DA2. Haven't finished origins yet

Why the hell would you have finished the epilogue to Origins if you haven't finished the actual game yet? That makes literally no sense.
Quote by Thrill-house
I started the 2nd one a few days ago and without realizing it I'm like 25 hours into it, damn good games.

Try it with the Restored Content Mod, make the game seem less disjointed.
I just booted up Diablo 2 yesterday. Still fun as hell single player. Made a summoner necro.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Man I'd be all over DA:O if I had a PC that could run it. I enjoyed a lot of things about the 360 version, but unfortunatly the menu intensity and lack of hotkeys on the console made it awkward as **** once you reached the half-way mark, and basically unplayable towards the end.

I should trawl through the BioWare back catalogue in the meanwhile I think, they are pretty much one of the best RPG devs ever. Shame EA are devouring them so ravenously, those guys deserve better.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
Quote by vayne92
Played them all (except dragon age), but i heard from reviews that the new one was pretty shitty. Would you recommend going for the previous one then?

the first dragon age is probably the best RPG of the decade. the second one was probably the fourth or fifth best RPG of the decade but the gap is so big it really upset people.
Quote by naedauuf
I just booted up Diablo 2 yesterday. Still fun as hell single player. Made a summoner necro.

Diablo 2 with the myth mod is amazing.
Lot's of gamers on here didn't know that..

Anything by Bioware will do ;-) Neverwinter Nights or the sequel (Not bioware, but Obsidian are really solid) Jade Empire (never got into the combat system myself and never actually finished it.. Don't buy it off steam.. It doesn't work properly on new machines and you have to go through all kinds of stuff to make it work right.) Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is still the best game i have ever played, and i only played it 5 years ago when it was already pretty dated. Really really great. The sequel is also fantastic (obsidian again ) but it does have some bugs.. They are both dirt cheap and you should really get those.. SW:TOR is the mmo from Bioware and it is free. You can easily play it alone (as i have done) but immersion being broken is a bit of an issue for me.. You dont have to pay at all and you get a great rpg there... Baldurs Gate series is fantastic as well, and can be heavily recommended..

Fallout 1,2 (if you can find them anywhere. They were free on GOG.com some weeks ago but now there are gone... Interplay said they'd try and get them on steam again.. donno.. ) Really great fantastic rpg's... Fallout 3 and New Vegas (my favorite of the 2) and obviously TES: Oblivion.. I read that you had played skyrim so...

You should deffo buy DA:O like you were going to.. Great rpg. And you should get into POE. It gets a lot better with time... Endgame is great imo..

And now for the one that nobody mentioned but is considered by many to be the greatest RPG ever made... Coming out of the legendary Black Isle studios :

PLANESCAPE: TORMENT!!!

Can't believe nobody mentioned it... Best best best story i've ever seen in a game.. It's squadbased ARPG style (it focuses on story and not combat. It's not Diablo and less combat heavy than Baldur's Gate series..)
Fantastic writing.. It's almost art It's spiritual successor was funded through Kickstarter last year, so that is on the horizon as well if you like Planescape.. It's dirtcheap off Good Old Games..

And yeah.. The Witcher series.. Had a hard time getting through the first one.. Wasn't as friendly as i'd hoped (im normally pretty hardcore but i had a hard time with that game..) Witcher 2 is one of my favorite games of all time the the third in the series is coming soon..

So.. you are getting DA:O, but when you are done (30-50 hours) you should take a look at these.. Don't be frightened by some of the dated graphics.. Masterpieces are hiding under all of them... Btw.. lot of reading in Planescape Torment but the writing is hilarious... Going through dialogue is like reading a fantastic book with choices, and then you get back to the action when you are done.. God i need to replay it..

Hope that gave some inspiration... At least for when you are done or something..
There's only one boss I listen to, and that's why I'm unemployed.