Page 1 of 2
I've been in this band for over 2 months now and the lead guitarist is a serious jerk. He thinks he is so good that he doesn't listen to any of our judgement. For example, when we were recording he got really frustrated when our bass player told him that he should play cleaner because the recordings sounded really messy, he went CRAZY, and snapped on him. He was telling our bass player that he shouldn't talk because he is to "be seen, not heard" (He always tells that lame old joke) and that he is better than him so he shouldn't even talk til he is the same "level" as him.

I play drums and whenever he doesn't agree on a drum line, he threatens to re-record it himself even though he doesn't even play drums. His ego is out of control and he thinks he is so valuable to us because he can sweep pick, even though he sweeps sloppy.

The icing on the cake was yesterday when we were playing together and he got pissed and stormed out because he "couldn't hear himself".

The guy is ridiculous and we can't kick him out because we got a couple of gigs and we can't replace him right away. How do we get his ego in check?
you don't cos he's a huge fag. replace him anyway

edit: even if you don't find someone in time to replace him, let's be real, they're probably not important gigs.. a talent show doesn't count. you can miss it.
If you threaten to skip gigs to fire him then he'll see just how serious you are about getting him out. If he still doesn't comply then skip the gigs and fire him anyway, the guys sounds like a cunt
Next time he's being like that, tell him the jerkstore called and that they were running out of him.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Next time he's being like that, tell him the jerkstore called and that they were running out of him.

HE LIVES

Quote by Kensai

Holy crap, it's Kjell!
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I seriously doubt he's good enough for you to put up with that shit. Also next time he flips out on one of your band members stand up for them you pussy.
"This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded
This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded."
demote him to bass player HAHA
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I'll be serious here. You have to replace him. He will only embarrass you on a gig so either way it's a problem. If he promises to change just forget the apology and move on with dumping him. He has already shown his true personality and you can't change it nor should you try. You're going no where with an asshole like this. Over my many years of playing I have met a number of jerks like this. Just make sure the other guys agree and do it together so he knows it's not just one guys doing. Sick together.
Quote by lolmnt

Hey... that's offensive to bass players!!!
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by Kensai

Thank you based god.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
The guys a dick, and although you won't realise it - YOUR BAND WILL SUCK because of the negative onstage chemistry emanating from his ego.

You could try flattering him, tell him over a coffee that you think he's wasted on your band and he ought to start "the *insert assholes name* project" with him as the main focus they'd be awesome, he'll probably agree and leave all you "losers" behind, you were holding him back anyway weren't you?!

Honestly though he sounds a dick, get rid any way you can
You should start a rumor that he pays girls to date him. A girl on Full House did that to Stephanie and she was the laughing stock of her whole middle school for about 10 minutes. I bet that guy would be the laughing stock of your middle school for at least twice as long.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Thrill-house
Next time he starts acting up go whack him in the head with your drumsticks.

Our singer some years ago once let his ego get the better of him and waved his **** at the drummer... The drummer promptly whacked him on the bell end with his vic firth stick - he didn't do that again

It's definitely worth a try!
Cry about it on the internet.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by theogonia777
You should start a rumor that he pays girls to date him. A girl on Full House did that to Stephanie and she was the laughing stock of her whole middle school for about 10 minutes. I bet that guy would be the laughing stock of your middle school for at least twice as long.

Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

If he can single handedly whoop all of your asses, than just shut it and do what he says.

If he can't and he's a wuss, than not sure what the problem is.

You'd have replaced him if you didn't need him. You'd have kicked his ass already if you could.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

your school talent show doesn't count as a gig

Quote by MinterMan22
your school talent show doesn't count as a gig

Why doesn't it? If he's playing to 3 dogs at a burger stand he still doesn't want this asshole making him look a dick!

It's still a show that his bands putting on, still has the same pressures and nerves that apply, maybe more so as its more of a showcase situation.

Don't beat down on someone just cause they don't fill arenas like you do... I'm assuming you are playing in the big leagues right?
Tell him to do one, and if he acts up chin him the slag
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by I.O.T.M
Tell him to do one, and if he acts up chin him the slag

Spoken like a true Englishman!

I concur, bitch slap that mofo next time he kicks off
Just kick the guy out already. Who cares if you've got gigs booked? You'd be better off doing a gig with just the rhythm section than dealing with some wannabe guitar god. If you seriously can't find a new guitarist before your next gig just learn some Om songs or something.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
Do the gigs,

Start looking for a replacement.
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
have you thought about demoting him to bass player lol
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Silord1
Why doesn't it? If he's playing to 3 dogs at a burger stand he still doesn't want this asshole making him look a dick!

It's still a show that his bands putting on, still has the same pressures and nerves that apply, maybe more so as its more of a showcase situation.

Don't beat down on someone just cause they don't fill arenas like you do... I'm assuming you are playing in the big leagues right?

well yea, i play djembe for the joshua garcias so i've got a pretty good grasp on what constitutes a gig.

Tell him you had sex with his wife.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Kensai

i saw your avatar and now i want to watch skyfall
Quote by Hydra150
Tell him you had sex with his wife.

Whoa that's too far. just tell him you demoted his wife to bass player
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by MinterMan22
well yea, i play djembe for the joshua garcias so i've got a pretty good grasp on what constitutes a gig.

Oh right we'll in that case:

Shame on you for slagging someone down who is just starting out - as I'm sure you once were. As somebody in such an illustrious position you of all people should offer better advice than the rest of us mere mortals.

Get a grip of your own ego, man the **** up and give beginners advice so they can avoid all the bullshit that comes with playing in bands and have an easier time of it.

Big or small, a gig is a gig - take your head out of your arse and put something worth while or stay ****in quiet.
Quote by lolmnt

Paul McCartney called to say you should should start a new band with this pompous guitar player.
Tell him you're whining about him on a internet forum, that'll show him.

Honestly if you and your band members don't like him, kick him out and find someone else. It's been two months and friction has already started, I don't think you'll save it.
you guys made the fantastic choice of sticking with him up until now, couldn't you just put up with it until you're done with your gigs? or just all quit at the same time and let him worry about the gigs. in any case he sounds like he needs a lesson.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Page 1 of 2