Page 1 of 2
I posted a picture of my modified Squier on another guitar forum and i got over 60 post of them ripping on my guitar calling me 12(im 16) and saying i only listen to dad rock(***?) and most of them calling me a poser and i should "put the toy down and play a real guitar". Most of the stock parts aren't on the Squier anymore after all the mods i did to it, but i still got called a 12 year old poser?..What's with that?
Because most people write it wrong

E.g. "how do I get a hardcore sound like Bring Me The Horizon i'm using a squire and a line 6"
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Well some people are arseholes? I've played some nice Squiers.
Unless of course by 'modified' you mean you've drawn or put stickers all over your guitar, then you deserve the abuse .
Quote by MakinLattes
Because they are made out of actual squires.

The removal of jousters from the public scene had many negative effects on the economy.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Because they're cheap and entry level guitars that almost every beginning guitarist starts with.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
What you did is like rolling into Compton with a Fiat 500, and saying, "sup niggas, check out this ride, it's hella sweet"

You gonna get jumped m8.
Quote by Baby Joel
What you did is like rolling into Compton with a Fiat 500, and saying, "sup niggas, check out this ride, it's hella sweet"

Deal with i- wait, no, Squiers are actually decent entry level guitars. People = dicks
Quote by Jyrgen
Deal with i- wait, no, Squiers are actually decent entry level guitars. People = dicks

But see, they're really not. There are much better options at similar pricepoints. The only reason Squier does so well is because of the "i wana b lyk jimmy hendricks!" crowd.
PM me for newts
Quote by StewieSwan
But see, they're really not. There are much better options at similar pricepoints. The only reason Squier does so well is because of the "i wana b lyk jimmy hendricks!" crowd.

There are more models than the strat...

Depends on the model too, some are pretty wank, some are half decent (but no more than that).
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
There are more models than the strat...

WOW REALLY I DIDN'T KNOW
PM me for newts
My experience with Squier isn't 100% terrible, but most of them have a really hard time staying in tune. Like you could tune it with a noticeable difference every 20 seconds of playing.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by StewieSwan
There are much better options at similar pricepoints..

some examples please?
looking for Korean made Rockster Guitar (skulls and snakes)
I'm actually gassing for a squier right now :p
(I'm poor and I spent too much money on my amp , the amp is pretty rad though)
"Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space."
-Douglas Adams
If you have a Squier, it generally means that:
1. your parents bought it for you
2. it was brand new
3. you didn't go look for an used but nicer guitar in a similar price range

which generally implies something about your taste/skills. You can't play a gig with a squier and expect anything but ridicule.

I'm not saying that it's right; it's a fine beginner guitar. But it is exactly that - a beginner guitar. On any guitar site, people are proud of their guitarness and can often be dicks about it.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
If you have a Squier, it generally means that:
1. your parents bought it for you
2. it was brand new
3. you didn't go look for an used but nicer guitar in a similar price range

which generally implies something about your taste/skills. You can't play a gig with a squier and expect anything but ridicule.

I'm not saying that it's right; it's a fine beginner guitar. But it is exactly that - a beginner guitar. On any guitar site, people are proud of their guitarness and can often be dicks about it.

Hey, that Vintage Modified telecaster with p90 is really cool >
"Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space."
-Douglas Adams
if your getting a squier you might as well get a used mexican strat, unless your parents chose it for you like vintage x metal said
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Quote by StewieSwan

I'm not saying they're even the second or third best option necessarily but that they're ok But yeah gimme the examples of better brands at similar prices
The vintage modified Squiers are pretty cool. I've liked a couple of telecasters I've played. They weren't amazing but they had a fast neck and I just like teles.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
If you can find a good one it's got a fender body/mediumjumbo frets, gutting the electronics and modding and it could be better than a standard fender.

I had an epiphone I liked better than most gibsons, it cost as much as a gibson studio, put an EMG in it and it sounded better than my friend's gibson studio. People would still rip on me because they're told epis aren't as good.
Last edited by stratkat at Jan 19, 2014,
Quote by koenbidlot
some examples please?

Yamaha Pacifica
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by koenbidlot
some examples please?

My first guitar was a lower end Washburn. Still plays better than most other beginner level guitars.
Quote by cha33 armstrong
Because most people write it wrong

E.g. "how do I get a hardcore sound like Bring Me The Horizon i'm using a squire and a line 6"

The squiers I tried didn't play bad for the price, though they sounded plain bad.

As for the examples of better guitars for the same price, xaviere's are pretty ****in' nice ya know.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Jan 19, 2014,
Pretty much any advanced guitarist I know dislikes the brand enough to never buy one. Pretty much any second hand guitar of a non-completely crap brand will beat a new squier, so buying them is a bit silly.
Because cheap Squires kinda do suck. The pickups and hardware they use is god awful. The Squier Classic Vibe Strat/Tele are fantastic for the price though.

You're better off with a Yamaha Pacifica if you only have £200 to spend.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 19, 2014,
Quote by metaldud536
At least its not a First Act guitar

truth
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by metaldud536
At least its not a First Act guitar

speaking of which, apparently Kurt Ballou from Converge plays a high end First Act, which literally blew my mind when I found that out.
First Act makes really great custom guitars for quite a few famous guitarists.
Tone

that is why
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by mystical_1
Tone

that is why

all in the fingers man
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
all in the fingers man

Yep, playing a Bullet into a 5w Squier amp is trumped by fingers...

What's this other forum. I want to set them straight, post the link, do it now.
Page 1 of 2