I just bought my first tube amp and cab ,jcm 2000 Dsl 50 ,if I want that crunchy metal ,trash metal tone or big hair metal tone what pedals would I need?tube screamer iv heard a lot mentioned ..anything else ?

Guitar is cort m200 so I know I could do with a more high end guitar too
A Tubescreamer-type pedal or a Boss SD-1 will definitely tighten things up a lot for metal.

Personally I recommend the Digitech Bad Monkey. A lotta bang for buck
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
I have the JCM2000 DSL100 head and It will do Thrash with out a boost, but I do use a TS clone and a Bad Monkey to boost mine.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Iv heard about this bad monkey too a bit ,is it cheaper and pretty much same quality ?i have a Boss ds1 but Iv read analogue is the best tone ...
Quote by wld-kid
Iv heard about this bad monkey too a bit ,is it cheaper and pretty much same quality ?i have a Boss ds1 but Iv read analogue is the best tone ...

The Bad monkey is similar to a TS, but it does have a bass and a treble control where a TS has a single tone knob.

I also us a GFS Greenie classic which is a TS clone with 3 voicings (TS9, TS808 and a modified TS) $50 new

Ibanez TS-9 are kinda expensive IMO unless you go used.

But use them as a boost: Volume max, gain off and tone to taste. You can use the DS-1 in this way if you have not tried already
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly

But use them as a boost: Volume max, gain off and tone to taste. You can use the DS-1 in this way if you have not tried already

You can? With good results? Or are you mixing it with SD-1?

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by MaaZeus
You can? With good results? Or are you mixing it with SD-1?

Yeah there were lots of guitarists in the 80's and 90's that used the DS-1 as a boost. It is a different flavor than a TS but it works. It is not widely done, but if you have one laying around, try it out you might like it
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Yeah there were lots of guitarists in the 80's and 90's that used the DS-1 as a boost. It is a different flavor than a TS but it works. It is not widely done, but if you have one laying around, try it out you might like it

As a boost to already breaking amp, yes. But as clean boost I did not know it works well as one.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
marshall amp with that style of guitar is pretty much the definition of the tone you seek. a tubescreamer style overdrive was a mainstay as well. I'd suggest a Digitech Hardwire CM-2 overdrive (similar to a bad monkey but of higher quality) this can be used a a standard boost and also has a mod switch for more gain if needed (this switch does nothing if used as a clean boost)