I actually got this in the other week, but I've been too busy to post anything about it.

Now, I've aquired quite a few "nice" guitars over the past year or so. From my american select strat, to my LP standard, and to most recently, my PRS Custom 24. However, I have clicked with this guitar unlike anything else I have in recent years. I've always been a believer in that NOTHING plays like a strat, and this strat is probably my favorite one I've ever played. And after owning so many and playing so many, I think that says a lot.

I had an american standard strat that I just never played. I didn't like the pickups in it, and I found myself just never playing it. It still had the shrinkwrap on the back plate, the sticker on the pickguard and the tremelo arm cavity still stickered over. I walked into a pawn shop a couple weeks ago and found this beauty -

Its a 2005 American Deluxe Strat. I've never cared for sunburst at all. I always thought it was kinda ugly to be honest. But I've never seen a sunburst like this before. I wish you could see this thing in person, because it is GORGEOUS. With the off white colored accessories, this guitar just has an awesome vintage look that I love. Complete with the usual locking tuners and S1 switching system, I feel like this is the guitar I've been waiting to find my whole life. I honestly think I play better than usual on this guitar. Everything is just easier, and flows so well. It has my favorite strat pickups in it - the SCN's. They're really thick sounding single coils, and not really the typical strat sound. And they are really REALLY hot. This thing sounds as good as it looks. I haven't played another guitar since I brought it home. Anyway, I traded my american standard strat in towards it, plus $300. I have another 2005 deluxe/select that I own which has always been probably my favorite guitar, but I think this one just took its place. Thanks for viewing!
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
It is beautiful and I bet the pics don't do it justice! Congrats!! Enjoy it.
Gotta love a nice sunburst strat, enjoy!
Marshall 50 Watt Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Nice...............................
Gibson SG
Gibson Les Paul 60s tribute
Gibson Les Paul jr.
Epiphone Les paul gold top
Fender strat mim.
Fender Tele. mim
PRS SE245
Thanks all! It is an awesome guitar. I think I'm done on guitars for a while. This was really the last thing I needed to round everything out!
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
Hey CkY, haven't seen you around for a while!

As a huge strat-guy, I know exactly what you mean. To find that magic one that you gel with is seriously something special. Definitely makes the guitar hard to put down. Congrats, man!
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
HNGD

The neck pick up is the only one I tend to select too
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
HNGD! Welcome to the Strat club!
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
Simple elegance- HNGD!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by JustRooster
Hey CkY, haven't seen you around for a while!

As a huge strat-guy, I know exactly what you mean. To find that magic one that you gel with is seriously something special. Definitely makes the guitar hard to put down. Congrats, man!

I've been working so much lately - I haven't been around a whole lot! I had just enough time to post the new toy on here. I wish I had a better camera. Its just a cheap digital point-and-shoot. This guitar is gorgeous!

But YES - theres something about this guitar that just clicks with me. I really wanted to get a maple necked strat, but I just couldn't fight the draw to this guitar. It's not even the nicest guitar I own - its honestly probably the least desirable out of all 3 strats I own - but none of them play like this. The neck pickup with the S1 switch engaged, is probably the best tone I've ever heard in my life. It's orgasmic. There's no other way to put it! haha! Thanks for the kind words everybody! Something about these older deluxes.. woah!
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
whoa congrats on a nice score!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Seriously beautiful guitar. That's cool that you feel like you've found "the one", your making me think of putting my Agile up for sale again, lol.

You don't like bursts?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Thanks Greg! I appreciate that!

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Seriously beautiful guitar. That's cool that you feel like you've found "the one", your making me think of putting my Agile up for sale again, lol.

You don't like bursts?

The closest thing I have found to "the one" is my Ibanez prestige. I seriously love that guitar, but in recent years, it has kind of fallen by the wayside. It has super sentimental value to it, because i played all of my major shows on that guitar. Its beat up. It has history to it.

But this guitar - woah. Some guitars I play I feel like I have to "break" in. This guitar felt like I've owned it for years. As far as sunburst goes, I've never really been a fan. I've played some of the MIM sunburst strats before, but if I remember correctly, you can't see the wood grain through the paint job. This just looks a lot nicer, and of higher quality to me. Though I could be making that up in my mind. The off-white accessories though, I think are really what makes this guitar POP. It doesn't look super brand new shiny white, and thats what I love about it. Although I do play a wide range of music, I typically don't play music that has the need for a single coil bridge pickup. I'd like to change the bridge pickup out for a humbucker - but that'll no doubt effect the way my neck pickup + S1 sounds now, and I just don't want to alter that at all.
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
IMHO, no currently made Strat beats an American Deluxe. HNGD!!! Enjoy the hell out of it!!!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
IMHO, no currently made Strat beats an American Deluxe. HNGD!!! Enjoy the hell out of it!!!

That is the absolute truth. Compared to the 2012 American Standard I traded this in for - there's just no competition. I've played so many strats - standards, selects, specials, etc. And the deluxes are definitely the best out of all of them, in my opinion. There's just no comparison.
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100