And I need some ideas to make it even more awesome.

I've got 5 DJ-acts (friends playing house/hip-hop/techno etc.) and am planning on getting tyvek-bracelets so you have like a festival idea, some balloons with and without N2O, bubble plastic just for the fun of it and of course, a lot of alcohol and snacks. I've got a soundsystem and stroboscope and I'm going to rent a fog machine and some light-effects.

The party will be around 50 maybe 75 people and it's my birthday, so I'm asking for money to finance the party so there won't be a budget to hire a zeppelin or something.

The theme is MDMAX (my name is Max, MDMA is a party-drug but it's not going to be a drugs-party, I think) so something related to that theme would be cool.
I know the people eventually make it awesome but I know props can help a lot.

Pit, discuss!
I'll tell you how to make it better but only if you give me an invite.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I would have some of those DJs do joint sets and switch off after each song if any of them are friends - I've been to lots of parties with over 2 DJs and everyone goes over their time slot so someone is always left mad and unplayed
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

It probably won't be awesome. Sorry.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I was going to say that with a name like MDMAX the police would be all over your joint. But then I saw you're in Holland

Buy some psychedelic truffles, they're legal in Amsterdam. They're pretty much magic mushrooms but better. They deliver all over the world.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by MaXiMuse
The theme is MDMAX (my name is Max, MDMA is a party-drug but it's not going to be a drugs-party, I think) so something related to that theme would be cool.

Wow, that's so clever! Did you come up with that yourself?
Quote by MaXiMuse

First things first, don't mention this part in public to anyone because it's proper gay.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by UnmagicMushroom
Invite The Pit

Approved

*checks Holland flights prices*

Also, it would probably be a good idea to get a hulked out friend to work as a bouncer, since, you know, some people are gonna be drugged beyond belief and will cause trouble. And events like that may spread in social media so you might end up having to deal with more people than were invited. Bouncer will help in there too, he could even check the guests from a list or something.
Quote by Trowzaa
First things first, don't mention this part in public to anyone because it's proper gay.

+1

step two: don't throw this party if you're socially awkward and possibly aspie.

It's implicit you probably are.

so don't.

Quote by UnmagicMushroom
Invite The Pit

do this too.
ayy lmao
Quote by UnmagicMushroom
Invite The Pit

Instead of us all trying to get tickets and stuff, TS should just mount a projector and put it on a massive screen and just have TinyChat open, and we'll make it a new rule/law that everyone has to use it during the party, so we can all be there
Invite me so I can bring some vodka and charlie.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by Nero Galon
I was going to say that with a name like MDMAX the police would be all over your joint. But then I saw you're in Holland

Yea in California it just takes one angry neighbor, the cops show up, then the DJ breaks out some NWA..... F,F,F F uh ck the Po,Po,Po POLICE! and the whole thing gets shut down. I would definitely warn the neighbors in advance.

...Although the police in Eindhoven are nothing like the cops out here in SF/Oakland so they might not give a shit.
Last edited by Marrowoflife at Jan 19, 2014,
Make sure there is lots of food. I don't know about Holland but when I used to throw keg parties in college (USA) we had to have a certain amount of food by law, to help people soak up the booze. Not to mention, drunk people on empty stomach = friends fighting friends.

Have fun, wish I could go. Happy Birthday.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Let me DJ it. I'll play a whole set of happy hardcore.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Is this party gonna be like Project X, if it is then that'll be awesome.
Last edited by AwesomeOne3 at Jan 19, 2014,
Quote by MaXiMuse

You're Dutch so I'll give you the benefit of doubt here. Anway, since you're going big why not give people some free shots or shit like that. Inebriation is key in any party.
Insert into bitterballen some mary jane somehow and then challenge people to an eating contest.

Mentioning bitterballen has now made me really hungry
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by vintage x metal
I would have some of those DJs do joint sets and switch off after each song if any of them are friends - I've been to lots of parties with over 2 DJs and everyone goes over their time slot so someone is always left mad and unplayed

this. DJs will grasp every ounce of exposure they can.

also, even if they adhere perfectly to their time slots, people will be left mad. my DJ threw a party with 4 of the ppl on his label. but their expectations were unrealistic. they started it too early, so the first guy played to a basically empty room. party gets pretty huge for the second and third DJ, dies during the 4th DJ (that must be an awful feeling), and the 5th is playing to the housemates and a few friends.
Yea...sounds...'awesome'...

From all the parties I've been to the worst have all been the ones with loads of effort put into them (like this).
The best are usually the ones where somebody says "Hey, come round and bring beer" and nothing is planned. Every one of those I've been to has been great, even the few occasions I had no beer money.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Hahaha, thanks for all the comments guys, both funny and serious.

And the party is private yeah. People can bring along other people if they tell me in advance and I said I'd rather not have any friends of friends.
I threw parties before and I don't have to worry about the neighbors or police so that's nice.

And I will definitely get enough food. And about the free shots: they'll just give me birthday presents ( I said I prefer money to finance this) and then it's free drinks and food.

About the DJ time-slots. Yeah, that's something I have to bear in mind. 5 is a lot but my previous parties have been going on till around 5 or even 8.
I'm not sure if I'm going to get truffles, a bit risky and I don't think someone wants it when they're partying.

And
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
Wow, that's so clever! Did you come up with that yourself?

Yes I did. But I can't tell if you'r being sarcastic or not.

And believe it or not, I'm not socially awkward so I'm going to throw this party anyway!
Who the hell would take shrooms or truffles at a party, What a terribad suggestion.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Is this Project MDMAX a new movie?
Quote by KingDime666
It's dubstep minor in E.

Quote by steve_muse
I bet I'm gunna love Revolt #plottwist
Quote by MaXiMuse
And I need some ideas to make it even more awesome.

I've got 5 DJ-acts (friends playing house/hip-hop/techno etc.) and am planning on getting tyvek-bracelets so you have like a festival idea, some balloons with and without N2O, bubble plastic just for the fun of it and of course, a lot of alcohol and snacks. I've got a soundsystem and stroboscope and I'm going to rent a fog machine and some light-effects.

The party will be around 50 maybe 75 people and it's my birthday, so I'm asking for money to finance the party so there won't be a budget to hire a zeppelin or something.

I know the people eventually make it awesome but I know props can help a lot.

Pit, discuss!

...uhhhhm.
ITT: OP is throwing a shitty party

I just don't see the appeal in such a thing, especially on my birthday. I'd want to spend it with a few close friends just hanging out. Or maybe going and doing something fun but it's all about the people you're spending time with. Unless you go skydiving or something.

But 50 people? There's no way you're really friends with all those people. That's what would make it shitty, at least to me. You can only maintain so many real, good friendships with the limited time we have in life.
"This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded
This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded."
Last edited by RealUnrealRob at Jan 19, 2014,
Sorry to tell you this... But anything made by someone who calls himself a discjockey sucks ass.. Really... It sucks so bad that it leaves a permanent vacuum in real musiclovers' minds.. Cancel your party.. It's gonna suck rhinovagina..
There's only one boss I listen to, and that's why I'm unemployed.
every good party has a k room
dim lighting, drum and bass music, comfy couches and reclining chairs etc
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Put captainsnazz on the line-up for the wubz
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by Trowzaa

Sorry to tell you this... But anything made by someone who calls himself a discjockey sucks ass.. Really... It sucks so bad that it leaves a permanent vacuum in real musiclovers' minds.. Cancel your party.. It's gonna suck rhinovagina..
lost it
^ I didn't laugh much at either of those, but when you pointed it out I read those comments again and the flow of air through my nostrils has been greatly increased for some time
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.