In the late 90s, Lace produced a guitar called the Lace Helix, which had a unique body shape and a twisted neck for enhanced ergonomics. Note that this is not the newer Lace Helix Maya series (which I think lacks the twisted neck). This is an example:
http://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/21220-rare-lace-helix-twisted-neck--electric
Lace did not produce this guitar for very long (I'm not sure if Lace even makes guitars anymore). Does anyone know why Lace didn't produce many of these guitars? Were they not very popular for some reason?

A more general question is, why has Lace scaled back their guitar production? Their Huntington guitars also looked interesting. These days, they only seem to produce bass guitars. I've never even seen their guitars sold in music stores near me.
Lace did not produce this guitar for very long (I'm not sure if Lace even makes guitars anymore). Does anyone know why Lace didn't produce many of these guitars? Were they not very popular for some reason?

Actually, the link you provided gives a very reasonable answer in the text below the picture:

I asked him why I never saw them come out in stores and he said they were too hard to make because of the twisted neck, and that they had to throw out 3 for everyone they made...SO THEY NEVER WENT INTO PRODUCTION!!!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by CalicoSkies

A more general question is, why has Lace scaled back their guitar production? Their Huntington guitars also looked interesting. These days, they only seem to produce bass guitars. I've never even seen their guitars sold in music stores near me.

There was more or less universal lack of interest.

The twisted neck guitar may be revived at some point, but the concept is a bit ahead of the technology needed to produce it economically. Even then, there's no compelling need for it.
I could see this making a comeback once someone develops a 3D printing material that isn’t prohibitively heavy.
Doing the math to figure out fret spacing/intonation for that Torzal bass must be a royal bitch!!!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley