So, I've been looking for an amp on second hand sites. Haven't had much succes because most of the people still ask too much money (as in only 50 euro's off). Or it isn't really what i want. But in the past 2 days I'v got 3 reasonable priced amps. Now I can't choose between the 3.

Blackstar HT-5C(without the reverb). new 400 euro now 250. Apperently its only been played 10 times at bedroom. Mind you: to get i I have to drive an hour and a half.

Fender blues junior new about 550. He asks 280 euro. It's in the city where i study so pretty close. I haven't seen pictures, I hope he sends some. State unknown
I like hardrock and metal so If I'd buy this I'd probably need a distortion pedal.

Orange tiny terror combo new about 600 euros. Asking price 360 euro's. It's 5 year old and its an hour drive away.

I already haggled the price down for al of 3.
So guy's what do you think.
I believe the Blackstar does the best modern cranked tones. That and a boost should pull off hard rock and metal.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Blackstar would probably be the best for metal. But I think that's a pretty good deal on the Orange, although maybe not after you factor in the cost of fuel.
Buying the Fender for metal is just a bad idea. Too much of a compromise.

As for the other options, they’re both love-it-or-hate-it amps. The Blackstar can pull off decent imitations of a huge range of rock sounds. The Orange can just do Orange sound, but it does that one sound much better than the Blackstar. So do you want an amp that does a lot, but will never be all the way there, or an amp that goes all the way, but to only one place?
For what you play, I'd say the Blackstar will suit you best. It sounds fine, especially boosted, for those styles IMO.

The Orange is a one-trick pony. However, it does that one trick very well.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by classicrocker01
For what you play, I'd say the Blackstar will suit you best. It sounds fine, especially boosted, for those styles IMO.

The Orange is a one-trick pony. However, it does that one trick very well.

i have the dual terror and i love it. i use the fat channel more often, but the tiiny terror channel is great. i use it mostly for blues. you can push it pretty hard with an OD.

DO NOT worry about the single tone knob. it somehow works great its nice because i can switch guitars and turn that single tone knob up or down for the specific guitar in a second.

if you have further questions, let me know.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
If you like hardrock and metal at your budget just get a new jet city off thomann. the jca5012 combos is ~340 euros new.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/jet_city_amplification_jca5012_combo.htm
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Blackstar is probably your best option out of those.

I love the Orange terror amps. The Dark Terror rocks so hard (some of the best cleans I've come across, cool fuzzy gain) and would probably be better for your purposes though.
Quote by Dave_Mc
If you like hardrock and metal at your budget just get a new jet city off thomann. the jca5012 combos is ~340 euros new.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/jet_city_amplification_jca5012_combo.htm

+1

If that's not an option, I'd say (don't flame me) the Blackstar, because I don't know if the Orange can get tight enough to pull off metal tones. If you can get the Orange plus a Tubescreamer to use as a boost, that should work fine. But for your budget, the Jet City is probably your best bet.
yeah i dunno if i'd want a TT for modern metal either. and definitely not a BJ. I haven't tried the BS, but it may well be better than both of those.

but really the jet city is the thing. at your budget you can buy something which isn't really aimed at the tones you want (the TT and especially the BJ), you can buy a hybrid masquerading as a tube amp (the BS) or you can get a good, well-made all-tube amp which is aimed at the tones you want. It's a pretty simple choice, really, unless there's some reason you can't buy from thomann.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?