So, i´m really interested on getting myself a Line 6 HD500x pedalboard, i have a line6 spider III 150w amp and i want to know what would be the best way to connect the amp to the HD500x.

I want to be using the HD500x effects and presets instead of those on the amp.

What cables i need for the connection and how will i have to do it?

Thanks in advance
Before the rest of the bashers get here or accuse you of trolling, let me just say if you really are planning on buying that pedalboard sell your spider amp and pickup a powered monitor to hook it up to. You can get a used mackie hump fairly cheap. The pod hd500 is a powerful modeling system and a lot more intuitive then your spider. You will get the most mileage out of it IMO if you go direct with a powered speaker/straight to pa.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 Silver anniversary edi.
Marshall JCM900 4100
Line 6 flextone 2 head
Marshall 1960b Cabinet
Carvin G412 Cabinet

1976 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop Deluxe
1989 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender MIJ Strat
Fender MIM Strat
Btw if your dead set on hooking it up to your spider for the time being run a standard guitar cable either into the input of the amp or if it has an effects loop simply plug into that. It will bypass the spiders preamp so you can use the hd500 more effectively.
Marshall JCM900 4100
Line 6 flextone 2 head
Marshall 1960b Cabinet
Carvin G412 Cabinet

Fender MIJ Strat
Fender MIM Strat
If there's a cd input, use that. It bypasses all the modeling stuff in the spider.

However, the spider is not the best amp for a pod. A powered monitor, keyboard amp, or small p.a. would give better results.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I don't think that amp has an effect loop but over on the Line 6 fourm they recommend connecting the pod through the cd/mp3 input so as to avoid stacking the preamps. You'd need an adapter to do this. I also seem to remember that, at least with the smaller spiders, you could hold the tap tempo button down while powering the amp on and this would disable the preamp, don't know if that works on the 150 but if it does you can just plug the pod into the input.
i would pick one or the other. however i am not sure spidervalves sell though, but i woudn't mix them, for sanity sake.

a POD HD's are great, but i haven't heard a HD500X. just the 500 which is great. is always an investment too, so if you want both, you could just run the POD through a monitor or soundboard and you wouldn't need anything more than a couple cables at a gig.

also 11r, or axe
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i would pick one or the other. however i am not sure spidervalves sell though, but i woudn't mix them, for sanity sake.

a POD HD's are great, but i haven't heard a HD500X. just the 500 which is great. is always an investment too, so if you want both, you could just run the POD through a monitor or soundboard and you wouldn't need anything more than a couple cables at a gig.

also 11r, or axe

500X is the same thing, just more cpu, better leds, better switches, and a slightly brighter screen. Worth the extra $100 or so over the used 500's, IMO.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Reincaster
500X is the same thing, just more cpu, better leds, better switches, and a slightly brighter screen. Worth the extra $100 or so over the used 500's, IMO.

cool. thanks i think i agree.

i may just pick up some individual higher end pedals and go that way. ,its mainly because every year or two a processor goes out of date. whereas single boutique pedal used would stay at a similar value and doesn't really.

i want a mobius, that is what i really want.

but for small gigs i would love to plug right into the board and just need the unit and a couple cables. instead of a

i dont' know. i really do like the HD500 though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by TheCalvinator
Btw if your dead set on hooking it up to your spider for the time being run a standard guitar cable either into the input of the amp or if it has an effects loop simply plug into that. It will bypass the spiders preamp so you can use the hd500 more effectively.

Thanks for the reply, the reason why i´ll be using the spider 3 is because i already own one and my budget is limited and therefore i can only buy the HD500x atm, however i will just be using both at band rehearsals and i was in doubt on how would i connect it since the amp doesnt have an FX loop
No problem, happy to help. I forgot about the Aux in on the Spider 3 amps. Just get a 1/4 to 1/8 inch adapter to connect to your standard lead and you can go straight in like that. If the HD500 is your game plan for practice and gigs its a fine idea. Depending on what your using for PA you may be better off going direct into the PA if you guys have a decent way to monitor everything. I run an old ass BOSS GT-3 direct to PA for practice purposes to keep volume done and works great for me. I can only imagine the HD500 being even better.
Marshall JCM900 4100
Line 6 flextone 2 head
Marshall 1960b Cabinet
Carvin G412 Cabinet

Fender MIJ Strat
Fender MIM Strat