I'm running a TASCAM US-1800 16 In / 4 Out interface. My DAW is Logic Pro X.

I'm trying to run outboard gear for my recording session. However, I'm having some serious problems routing the signal out and back in. I'm well aware of the I/O utility plugin and how to use it.

For example:
I'm using a dbx 266xs as an outboard compressor. If I try to route my kick track via outputs 1 or 2, all my tracks end up running through the compressor, since each track's Stereo Out's are via 1-2. But if I try to run through outputs 3 or 4, there is little to no sound coming through (it also ends up creating an Output 3-4 track in Logic which I can't figure out what that's for).

Can anyone give me a helping hand and explain as to why my outputs 3-4 aren't working?
Also, if anyone knows anything about running external gear in logic, I would appreciation some tips as I'm still learning a lot of this stuff as I go
I/O utility plugin?

Without knowing how the thing works I'd just go into the interface drivers' settings, enable all of the inputs and outputs, and use logic's routing options.
Also, check if your output channels in logic are set up the way you want your signal to go to.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
The way Cubase integrates that is you have to set it up in a menu found within the device setup dialog.

You assign it as an external effect there and select your routing there and back. Cubase will ping the device to figure out what delay compensation is required.

From there, you just add the external effect as either an insert or a send on whatever track you want it to be present on.

Not sure if that helps or not.

like this:

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.