Hey guys, I'm wondering if any of you guys can help me find some music.

I used to listen to A LOT of Black Sabbath when I was growing up. Tony Iommi is essentially the reason I play guitar. Since I've become a recording engineer and moved to a different town I'm in a much different music scene... Lots of punk, math rock and indie/folk. I saw a...for lack of a better term stoner metal band the other night though and it sparked my interest in metal again.

I'm not sure what genre(s) you guys would consider the music I'm looking for so any help there would be appreciated too. From some random googling it seems to mostly line up with stoner metal and doom though I could be totally wrong.

Basically I'm looking for riff based metal with fuzzy, heavy distortion, prominent bass, slow to mid tempos with time changes and melodic vocals. I can get into screaming and growling when I'm in the right mood so don't hold back on that but I'd prefer things like Sabbath Master of Reality.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by NABEF9
You'd be better off asking this in the metal forum's recommendation thread.

Hm, those threads have gotten better than they used to be. They used to be awful. I'll dig through there for sure but they still get too big to be useful most of the time.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Last edited by Artemis Entreri at Jan 20, 2014,
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Hm, those threads have gotten better than they used to be. They used to be awful. I'll dig through there for sure but they still get too big to be useful most of the time.
If you're referring to the list of recommendations on the first page, those can certainly be helpful, but you can also ask questions for specific recommendations in the thread and we can help you out
Thread title of the year.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.