I have a C-1 Hellraiser with the trem and I ended up having it blocked. Anyways, its a good guitar, but the neck is a little fat for me at times and I would like to have a slimmer one and no trem on it because its a pain in the arse. I love the guitar design though, so I was thinking of trying out an ESP LTD H-1001 which is essentially the same guitar which I'm good with if the neck is an improvement. But there are also some good PRS' out there.

Have any suggestions for anything in the Hellraiser's price range? Even outside of ESP/PRS guitars too? I play pretty much anything, but mostly like rock, metal, metalcore, and I would like to try to learn country and jazz.
Last edited by -Lateralus- at Jan 20, 2014,
BC Rich is coming out with a new guitar in that style this year called the Villain. You will see it at NAMM.

[..BLACKFIRE..]
Quote by -Lateralus-
Explanations why?

it's the best prs close to your price range.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
The C1-SLS Blackjack is the Hellraiser with a super thin neck and slim line body with a satin finish neck. I played it and the Hellraiser side by side coming in thinking the Hell would a better fit for me and to be honest the Slim Blackjack was a much better fit.

I'm also looking at the PRS option which is the CE model like already recommended above. It's a discontinued USA made PRS and is much like a Custom but with a bolt thru neck.

Many agree that for the price of around US 1000$ it simply cannot be beat for a person looking to get a quality USA PRS.

There are a few different neck and heel configs in the CE, wide-thin, wide-fat, different heels etc so be sure to look into that. Most all will not have birds on the fretboard unless it is some sort of special order.
That BC rich actually looks pretty deadly.

If your gonna be wanting to play country it seems PRS is really popular. I would recommend a used Jackson or Ibanez for metal, being my favorite brands but yeah a lot of the more expensive models all have trems which is a pain for me (and the sounds of it you).

I would just shop around and find the best used guitar that you like.
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
Quote by drop1337
There are a few different neck and heel configs in the CE, wide-thin, wide-fat, different heels etc so be sure to look into that. Most all will not have birds on the fretboard unless it is some sort of special order.

I like the birds on it, I need fret inlays.

Quote by UFC on VHS
That BC rich actually looks pretty deadly.

If your gonna be wanting to play country it seems PRS is really popular. I would recommend a used Jackson or Ibanez for metal, being my favorite brands but yeah a lot of the more expensive models all have trems which is a pain for me (and the sounds of it you).

I would just shop around and find the best used guitar that you like.

Well I would like a guitar with variety to it, not necessarily country considering Im probably gonna by a Telecaster too. But I could always install new pickups like the Seymour Duncan JB ones. I'm really just looking for a nice feeling neck, good sustain, and no fret buzz. How does the neck of the ESP LTD 1001 compare to the PRS CE or SE models? Im gonna try them out when I can, but not sure if my George's Music has a LTD1001.
Your really gonna have to try a few guitars out and see. We can explain what a neck is like but you really have to feel it. Somtimes it sucks when you can't try a specific guitar but I really wouldn't advise buying a guitar without playing it. At the very least play something very similar first if your gonna do that.

Oh and if your spending $800+ on a guitar having a nice feeling neck good sustain and no fret buzz shouldn't really be a problem.
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
Quote by -Lateralus-
I like the birds on it, I need fret inlays.

if they don't have birds they have moons/dots.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by UFC on VHS
Your really gonna have to try a few guitars out and see. We can explain what a neck is like but you really have to feel it. Somtimes it sucks when you can't try a specific guitar but I really wouldn't advise buying a guitar without playing it. At the very least play something very similar first if your gonna do that.

Oh and if your spending $800+ on a guitar having a nice feeling neck good sustain and no fret buzz shouldn't really be a problem.

Yea, I tried to check them out at my local George's music, but they don't sell either PRS or ESP LTD. Guess Im gonna have to try Guitar Center.
Consider these:

Fernandes Dragonfly Deluxe or Ravelle Deluxe. Usually, these MiK guitars cost more, but Fernandes is selling limited quantities of their guitars from this direct sales website:
http://www.fernandesguitarshop.com/deluxe/68-dragonfly-deluxe.html
http://www.fernandesguitarshop.com/ravelle/71-ravelle-deluxe.html

Godin Redline II. A good guitar, made in Canada.
http://www.musiciansbuy.com/godin-32105.html
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 21, 2014,
Quote by Blackfire.
BC Rich is coming out with a new guitar in that style this year called the Villain. You will see it at NAMM.

Not gonna lie, this thing look freaking epic. Too bad I'm scared to buy a BC Rich

Out of a PRS CE24 and an LTD H-1001, I'd probably go with the LTD, myself. There are honestly very few PRS guitars that have ever wow'd me, though I'd step up to a real ESP, if you can find one in your price range. my Eclipse II.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com