Interested in knowing how others have began the journey of "the shred" when it comes to your muting and the finesse of it all. Part of learning to me seems to be how others approach the same situations and almost everyone has a different way of nailing it. I am very interested to hear how anyone who climbs this mountain decides where to begin and how people who have already reached the top use it in daily guitar writing.

thanks!
It starts with coming to the realization that speed comes naturally. Play the music you like and eventually you'll get there. And no it wont take a few months, it will take many years. The key is practice, as it is with anything on the guitar.
well of course..... thats not exactly what i was asking. this is more for people who want the steps to begin OR have allready done so but are having trouble using it tastefully in compositions. i have played my 16 years and i want too see how others approach this now. as compared to 10 years ago.
for example. Vanessa Mae the violin player taught me ALOT when i was a young guitar especially for the speedy licks. She still to this day amazes me.
i did not ask for guitar lessons. and stopped once your bird asked me too.. please have some respect, as i did for you guys. thanks.
I take it you're just trying to gather research for your blog/website?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
If you are looking for composition help, Musician Talk might be a slightly better place for ya. Seems to be the more popular hang out for songwriters. Best I can do for ya.
i wasnt. i asked how people are approaching learning and using what they learned. as compared to when the internet did not exist.
Quote by DrRockz0
i wasnt. i asked how people are approaching learning and using what they learned. as compared to when the internet did not exist.

I... you... what? So what's this about then:

Quote by DrRockz0
how people who have already reached the top use it in daily guitar writing.

You're just confusing people; be honest about what you want and why you want it and you might get answers that fit what you're looking for a bit better.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by DrRockz0
Interested in knowing how others have began the journey of "the shred" when it comes to your muting and the finesse of it all. Part of learning to me seems to be how others approach the same situations and almost everyone has a different way of nailing it. I am very interested to hear how anyone who climbs this mountain decides where to begin and how people who have already reached the top use it in daily guitar writing.

thanks!

there that should stop your "confusion"
Quote by DrRockz0
there that should stop your "confusion"

I don't see how this:

Quote by JakeFrmStatFarm
Musician Talk might be a slightly better place for ya. Seems to be the more popular hang out for songwriters.

is so antithetical to your aims.

To clarify: Guitar Techniques, as a forum, is at least in theory dedicated to the physical process of playing the guitar. Notionally speaking questions of theory and songwriting go in Musician Talk, they often find their way in here but that's how the forums are supposedly divided. The regulars of the forums tend to stick to these and as such the people most likely to be able to actually answer your questions about songwriting and use of theory are to be found in Musician Talk and not here.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
so one person who cant read justifies what you said? sorry can you not read aswell?
Quote by DrRockz0
am i taking crazy pills?

I'm sorry but...

You are asking for people to share with you how they are applying the theoretical constructs they have learned in terms of songwriting and/or whatever other writing you might be thinking of?

You are asking this in a forum dedicated to the pursuit of the physical art of playing the guitar?

You are being directed to a place where people are supposed to talk about theory and its applications rather than the position you currently occupy which is not that place?

And somehow, in some crazy way, you think that somehow you are being done wrong by?

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by DrRockz0
once again you should learn to read. please.

Clearly my comprehension skills are lacking. Would you care to actually explain rather than simply copying something I have apparently already misunderstood?

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by DrRockz0
nope i just want you to read

I see... well then good luck getting what you want I guess? It seems you're out of luck with the people surrounding you and too stubborn to either allow us up to your lofty perch of clear intellectual superiority or to lower yourself in to the stagnant waste that surrounds you.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
You seem to have two questions.

1. How did you learn to shred/where did you start

and

2. "how people who have already reached the top use it in daily guitar writing. "

Question one would be a technique question, but question two does not belong here. Go to Musician Talk and ask about the use of advanced shredding in writing, improvisation, so on and so forth.