Hey guys, my band shot some videos an photos with some friends this weekend and this is one of our song "Action Jackson".

Experienced a loss of video quality upon compression unfortunately so if anyone has any tips about that it would be much appreciated. Conversion from .M2ts files to mp4 or whatever format. Audio was recorded separately with a Tascam DP-004.

http://youtu.be/KxdR2ryt5vQ

feedback appreciated! C4C
Solid punk sound going. Everything is good on the instrumental part. (Though for live sets, i hope you guys are using an acoustic drum kit it just looks very not-punk to play electric ones) I'm digging the vocal style, but i feel the balance between super dirty vocals and just kinda dirty is sort of all over the place. As for the composition, when the vocals start it feels like the riff should be changed a bit to be more rolling. Oh and the guitarist should really be doing some leads. Not in the main riff but maybe in the outro. I don't know it always feels empty to hear a punk song with no leads. Anyways good job overall and i'm digging the energy. Energy is one of the most important parts in performing.

C4C https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1630811
Sigs are for salad tossers.
Quote by BoneBroke
Solid punk sound going. Everything is good on the instrumental part. (Though for live sets, i hope you guys are using an acoustic drum kit it just looks very not-punk to play electric ones) I'm digging the vocal style, but i feel the balance between super dirty vocals and just kinda dirty is sort of all over the place. As for the composition, when the vocals start it feels like the riff should be changed a bit to be more rolling. Oh and the guitarist should really be doing some leads. Not in the main riff but maybe in the outro. I don't know it always feels empty to hear a punk song with no leads. Anyways good job overall and i'm digging the energy. Energy is one of the most important parts in performing.

Thanks for the great critique! Could you elaborate on what you mean by rolling in regards to the riff? Definitely going to put some leads in there. C4Cing your song now.
No problem, and to make the riff more rolling i would try out letting a high note ring in between the cutoff chords or have a short 2 note melody in between the chords. This may be too specific but maybe let the Action Jackson part have silence and then the So attractive part have something. And thanks dude.
Sigs are for salad tossers.
Last edited by BoneBroke at Jan 20, 2014,
Quote by aaron aardvark
Faux,
Who let these bunch of punks in my living room! I wish the audio quality was better, but I know that is not an easy feat for a live band recording. The song & video were entertaining. I liked it. Made me smile. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1630629

Haha thanks man! Yea, none of us really know anything about recording so its a learn as you go type thing. If you have any pointers in that regard that would be awesome, I notice your stuff always has great quality. Glad you liked it. I shall review your song tomorrow or the next day as I am going to bed. Cheers!