I would prefer noone asks me why, its very confusing and complicated, but here's what i'm looking for.

I know there are "splitter" boxes that create a stereo signal, and that you can use certain delays to split etc, etc. I want to know if theres anything specifically for taking two stereo signals and mixing them together in the form of a pedal. I could probably do this with something that has 2 inputs, but I'm just curious if theres anything that does this one thing.
Quote by LyricalPoet777
I would prefer noone asks me why, its very confusing and complicated, but here's what i'm looking for.

I know there are "splitter" boxes that create a stereo signal, and that you can use certain delays to split etc, etc. I want to know if theres anything specifically for taking two stereo signals and mixing them together in the form of a pedal. I could probably do this with something that has 2 inputs, but I'm just curious if theres anything that does this one thing.

there is plenty of ways to do that, most will be very very cheap.

i would need to know where the stereo source is coming from (and what kinda wires it is providing signal with) and where the signal is going into (and what kinda input it takes).

most likely, if you are just dealing with guitar signals, something like this will work.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/YPP118/

then throw this on the TRS end

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GPP290/

this would take two stereo signals and convert to a mono signal.

as i mentioned though, there is lots and lots of ways of doing this. this just happens to be one way of doing it and it might not be the best way for you in your situation.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Jan 20, 2014,
Oh, so youre talking about a male to male (or male to male to male) y cable, right? This is pedalboard stuff. I don't know if that would help or not. I guess I might as well explain myself.

The idea came when our bassist wanted distortion, but not to lose his low end. I knew a little about stereo channels and stuff, and with a little dumb luck I realize that I could split the signal, distort one of them, and bring them back together and get something that worked.

Sure enough now I want a distortion to work along those lines, but I don't really want to get a fancy stereo pedal just to do the lonely jom of stereo to mono. I'm thinking along the lines of a "blend" or "mix" (maybe, not sure on terminology).
Maybe have a look at a Way Huge Pork Loin, they have an internal split path and you can blend the clean and drive paths to suit your taste. It's a guitar pedal, but there are a few bass players that use it. Have a look on the Dunlop (or any store) site for more details. Your bassist will probably need to try it out in a shop to see if it gives the right sound you guys are after. Would also save you having to split the signal path.

Hope this may be of some help.
I guess I could be a bit more blunt.

This started as an idea for the band's bassist, but became something I wanted to incorporate into my guitar rig to keep low tones and clarity. Basically I want to know if the "opposite" of a splitter is available (or even possible). I am no stanger to effects, and I could get this to work with what I have, but I would prefer to have units dedicated to this and not jury rig some pedals to only perform as combiners (the only term i could think of as opposite to splitter). I have done this with pedals that have stereo ins and outs (used both ins and only one out), but I want to know if there is something specifically designed to do this.

Preferably something nice that won't give me phasing issues or sound like garbage, but I can make do if all else fails.
The opposite of a Splitter, is called a Mixer.
You can get them cheap, but as with everything else, you get what you pay for.

Heres a DIY one that does both the splitting and the mixing.
http://www.runoffgroove.com/splitter-blend.html
talk about an "oh duh" moment. Of course a mixer. I guess sometimes the answer is right in front of you huh?

Is there a prepackaged pedal that does this for 2 channels? I mean I'm about to go look this up myself, but it doesn't hurt to gather ideas does it?

Thanks guys for helping me with my odd and vague request.
Boss LS-2 is a common one.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra