Hey guys,

So, recently I've been really focusing on soloing and improv especially, but whenever I sit down, turn on the backtrack, right from the first bend to the last root note, all I want to do is smash my guitar, crawl into a tiny whole and stay there till Christmas. My phrases sound like shit, all I get is pissed off. Any tips? Articles? Ideas? Anything? I really want to keep at it, and I WANT to get better, but I just am in a rut, or moving at slow pace or w/e.

TL;DR I'm ****ing frustrated man.

btw: self-taught, know very little theory
the best tip youll get is keep going. if your pissed off now youll stil be pissed off next week and next month but sooner or later you will understand what is happening and all that fun stuff here is an amazing video for this topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSaTAGsIBEI

also this is something where you can pick your chords and just build. kinda gets you used to the fact that YOU are the one creating the harmony.
Last edited by DrRockz0 at Jan 20, 2014,
Quote by DrRockz0
the best tip youll get is keep going. if your pissed off now youll stil be pissed off next week and next month but sooner or later you will understand what is happening and all that fun stuff here is an amazing video for this topic

Thanks man. I appreciate it.