Title pretty much is the question.. just wanting to know if it'd be too hard to do fast legatos up and down the neck and some other stuff on the epiphone les paul tribute before I get it. Like is the neck too fat? My fingers are kinda small so I'm just wondering.. lol
Randy Rhodes and Zakk Wylde certainly don't have an issue with them. They're certainly very capable of being great shred guitars. It's more up to you as a player and your comfort than the guitar itself.
I have small hands and can shred on a LP just as easily as on my superstrats. It has more to do with how comfortable you are with the guitar. I recommend trying out the guitars until you find one you're comfortable with.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Mesa Mark V 25
Quote by ltdguy27
I have small hands and can shred on a LP just as easily as on my superstrats. It has more to do with how comfortable you are with the guitar. I recommend trying out the guitars until you find one you're comfortable with.

Definitely just try out what you can and see what fits you.
Ibanez SR1200E
Here are the physical characteristics that the shredding-style superstrats have that most Gibson LPs do not:

Flatter radius fretboards (often 16-20" radii, compared to 12" for the Gibson)

Jumbo and extra Jumbo frets (medium/medium jumbo on Gibsons)

Thinner and sometimes slightly wider neck profiles

Better upper fret access (Gibson LP players run into a big wad of body and neck before the 16th fret, while many "shredders" are neck-through and/or have smooth neck heels that transition smoothly into the body.

24 frets (sometimes), while Gibsons normally stop at 22

Floyds (sometimes), while Gibsons other than the mis-named "Shred Studio" and the spendy Axcess do not

You get to decide which you'd rather work with.