So I have no idea what I am doing using synth and keyboard stuff in my music, but I decided to try it out and see what I can do. Note I honestly know nothing about how to mix synth/keyboard sounds into metal music, so I kind of learned as I went. But I would appreciate any sort of feedback you could give me so I can improve. And if you do, link me to a thread and I will return the favor. Thanks

https://soundcloud.com/profound-obscurity/synth-shtuff
JDawg00100,
In my experience, it is a lot easier to mix clean/cleanish guitar with synthesizers (that's part of the reason I use surf guitar in a lot of my tunes). Oh course, cleanish guitars are not very conducive to hard rock/metal. That being said, I think you did remarkably well. I think you are ready to time travel back to the 80's and rock the world. But seriously, I think everything sounds very good! For me, it is not easy to have an instrumental that holds my interest as well as that did. Good job! Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1630629
Wow cool stuff dude. Definitely like how you're branching out a bit and doing the synth stuff. Musically I really enjoyed the arrangement and it was a really awesome song. I would say the track possibly lacked a bit of low end though, there were times where I wished the guitars just sounded a bit fuller so I could REALLY get into it. Awesome stuff all in all though, I'm definitely going to give you a follow on soundcloud and keep up with what you're doing!
Quote by Octavarius94
Wow cool stuff dude. Definitely like how you're branching out a bit and doing the synth stuff. Musically I really enjoyed the arrangement and it was a really awesome song. I would say the track possibly lacked a bit of low end though, there were times where I wished the guitars just sounded a bit fuller so I could REALLY get into it. Awesome stuff all in all though, I'm definitely going to give you a follow on soundcloud and keep up with what you're doing!

Awesome, thanks for the feedback and the follow
i really like your sound. heavy and aggressive, but everything is clear. it sounds like you did a good job getting the synths to sit in the mix, especially at the parts layered with guitar leads. i'm guessing the rhythm guitars got scooped at the mids to make way for the synths though? i wouldn't mind giving the guitars a little more room there so you could lower their volume a bit, controlling the relative fizziness a bit more. may be a matter of taste. but i find distorted guitar tiring to listen to for long periods of time (i.e. over the course of an album, if you ever get to that) if there's too much top end.

the song itself is great, i'm finding the chorus-type section very catchy (0:15). the whole thing ends more abruptly than expected though.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
The guitars and bass are recorded very well. The playing is awesome too. Nicely done. I do think your snare sounds too dry and a little loud in the mix though. Great soloing. For some reason I expected to hear some sort of bass solo. The synths are well done. Loving the rhythmic leads near the end. Commented on the song. This sounds something like Amaranthe might write. Diggin' it. Good structure too. Following you on Cloud. Very skilled playing with a ton of hooks.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1631744